- Old Ills, New Remedies: A Conversation with Diane Auer Jones. Iannone, Carol // Academic Questions;Summer2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p351
An interview with Diane Auer Jones, president of The Washington Campus is presented. When asked about the availability of college education to individuals, she states that this kind of education is offered to everybody as long as the students are graduate from high school and emphasized that...
- POSTSECONDARY APPOINTEE WINS CONFIRMATION. A. K. // Education Week;8/15/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p24
The article focuses on the nomination of Diane Auer Jones as assistant secretary for postsecondary education in the Department of Education. Jones was the principal deputy assistant secretary for the office of postsecondary education. Jones replaces Sally L. Stroup who is deputy staff director...
- Employee development. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p8
Provides information on different career developments of employees in United Kingdom. Electrical training of Britvic technicians; Agreement of trade unions in Land-Rover; Proposal on overhauling of professional status awards; Selection of teams for youth skills olympics; Cargill's launching of...
- Employee development. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p11
Presents news which focuses on employee development in the United Kingdom. Launching of the national vocational qualifications (NVQ) for the people working at ports; Survey on the training levels in engineering companies; Investment of the Rank Xerox UK for its open-learning facilities.
- Why CPD is a duty to yourself and others. Haistead, Nichola // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p59
Presents the answers to common questions about continuing professional development (CPD) presented in an conference of Institute of Personnel and Development. Factors which constitutes evidence of CPD; How to meet CPD obligations; How to keep up CPD if unemployed.
- The keys to advancement. Van Heule, Jim // Paint & Coatings Industry;Dec94, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p22
Offers advice regarding career advancement. Career goals; Importance of education; Career moves before the age of 40; Additional keys.
- Career development discussions as a team-building strategy. Koonce, Richard // Bank Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p13
Suggests the use of career development discussion with employees as a team-building strategy. Factors that improve during the process of discussing career development; Causes of company downsizing and restructuring.
- Building a life-friendly organization. Moses, Barbara // Business Quarterly;Autumn97, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p44
Presents an excerpt from the book `Career Intelligence: Mastering the New Work and Personal Realities.' INSET: Creating a life-friendly culture..
- Join up. // CA Magazine;May94, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p15
Reports on Accountemps' survey which revealed that participation in professional organization and reading business publications are the most effective way to enhance an executive's career. Comments of Max Messmer, chairman of Accountemps, temporary staffing service.