- A Lively Pace Expected in M&A in 2008. // Educational Marketer;4/28/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the pace of mergers and acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in the U.S. in 2008. It mentions that 14 acquisitions were made in educational publishing worth more than 1.2 billion dollars in the first three months of 2008. It also notes that medical education...
- Why Strong Customer Relationships Trump Powerful Brands. Binder, Christof; Hanssens, Dominique M. // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;4/14/2015, p2
The article discusses the findings of an analysis of the value of brands and customer relationships (CR) using merger-and-acquisition data worldwide between 2003 and 2013, which include the trend among buyers towards investing in businesses with strong CR and the benefits of digital technologies.
- Thomson Financial Securities Co. Database. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;08/16/99, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p7
Presents a summary of the United States (US) public merger activities, private and foreign targets, divestitures and completed transactions as of August 1999.
- Due diligence in the new economy. Nel, Johan // Finance Week;03/16/2001, p33
Discusses the importance of due diligence in business transactions. Expensive mergers and acquisitions; Reasons for overpaying in a business transaction; Tips for businesses planning to merge with or acquire another business.
- Anatomy of a merger. Joslin, Barry // Business Quarterly;Autumn90, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p25
Discusses guidelines for managing a business merger. Case of Molson Breweries's merger with Carling O'Keefe; Treatment of merger as a partnership; Focus of attention on the soft and hard sides; Need for a master plan.
- Merger or mania? Allerton // Training & Development;Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p15
Recommends actions that will aid companies to succeed in its efforts towards consolidation. Mastery of the people-related aspects of mergers; Inability to integrate corporate cultures; Alignment of the resulting organization and workforce.
- Don't just concentrate on buying a company. Cuccia, Thomas J. // San Diego Business Journal;5/22/95, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p28
Outlines considerations after acquiring a company. Compliance with financing; Investigating functional areas of target business using the due diligence phase; Developing mission statement; Addressing supplier and customer questions.
- Guest Editor's Introduction. Weber, Yaakov // International Studies of Management & Organization;Fall2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including new theoretical framework with regards to management, integration approaches concerning mergers of organizations, and the effects of knowledge transfer on mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
- Unite and conquer-maybe. Doucet, Kristin // CMA Management;May2001, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p3
Discusses the prevalence of mergers and acquisitions of corporations and the need for a strong integration strategy in order to achieve success in mergers. Common reasons for failed mergers; Role played by information technology in determining effective integration Need for a clearly defined...