Around the States ï¿½
- The New One-to-One. Ullman, Ellen // Technology & Learning;Feb2011, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p54
The article discusses the modern one-to-one computing, an educational method which refers to one computer for every student in the U.S. It mentions the need for school districts to focus on providing high-speed wireless networks and devices for the less fortunate. It notes the...
- Taking Laptops Schoolwide: A Professional Learning Community Approach. Green, Tim; Donovan, Loretta; Bass, Kim // Learning & Leading with Technology;Aug2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p12
The article offers information related to the incorporation of laptop computers in grade school education in the U.S. It states that schools have planned to outline the software in use along with technology skills for students. It highlights a system developed by teachers to integrate technology...
- Where's SC in TEM? Heldman, Bill // Learning & Leading with Technology;Aug2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p16
The article offers information related to the computer science (CS) education in the U.S. According to most schools, the term computer science refers only to generic skills classes such as keyboarding and computer applications. It comments that the result on this lack of focus on CS is that most...
- Leadership & Technology. Marcoux, Elizabeth "Betty" // Teacher Librarian;Jun2012, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p74
The article discusses technology issues and teacher leadership. It discusses the social networking websites Facebook and Pinterest. The author analyzes the rapid rate of technology becoming dated, the effect of technology on curriculum, and collaborative behaviors regarding technology. She...
- Ã€ la Carte Purchasing Tactics Signal Districts' Unique Needs. FAIRBANKS, AMANDA M. // Education Week;4/24/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 29, pS15
The article looks at how more U.S. school districts are using large education companies for multigrade curriculum programs while also procuring innovative products and platforms such as educational technology like software applications from smaller companies. Comments from L.C. "Buster" Evans,...
- Disruption in PreK-12 Market to Continue in 2011. // Educational Marketer;1/ 3/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p1
The article offers projections for the PreK-12 educational publishing industry in the U.S. for 2011 to 2015. It expects that the industry will face various challenges posed by the condition of the country's economy as well as the implementation of different standards and curricula. Jacques...
- 3. FIGHT-BACK: EDUCATION'S RADICAL FUTURE. // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Jul2011, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p103
The article introduces various articles in a part of the journal on topics including Mississippi's Freedom Schools, curriculum development designed to subvert government influence in school achievement, and education in Cuba.
- Guest Editors' Introduction. Petersson, Kenneth; Popkewitz, Thomas S.; Olsson, Ulf; Krejsler, John B. // European Education;Fall2013, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p4
The article presents an introduction in which the editors discuss articles contained in the issue on the theme of governmentality in education, including equality in mathematics education, the relationship between religion and education in Argentina, and the New Curriculum movement in the U.S.
- top 10 WEB STORIES From techlearning.com. // Tech & Learning;Jan2013, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p8
The article presents electronic updates related to educational technology in the U.S. including resources from Twitter, impact of technology on classroom environment, and the application of digital storytelling.