Chegg Powers New Textbook Rental Services
- Virtual student union. // Advertising Age;7/22/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 27, p20
The article discusses services offered to college students by the Internet industry company Chegg including crowdsourced class notes, course reviews and textbook rentals.
- Why buy when you can rent? Maher, William // Australian Personal Computer;Aug99, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p54
Reports on the growing popularity among Australian businesses of the concept of accessing applications software from a central server for a rental fee, instead of purchasing them outright and installing them in a local system. Perceived advantages of the rental model; Application service...
- CHEGG BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 33, p6
The article presents statistics on the textbook and online college student resources company Chegg as of 2013, including the number of electronic textbook (e-textbook) titles it sells, its total sales and net losses for 2008, 2010, and 2012, and the share of revenue from print textbook rentals.
- Netflix Kills Remote Disc Queue Apps. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;6/27/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the decision of Los Gatos, California-based rental service Netflix to discontinue features that enable users to manage their disc rental queue using third-party devices in June 2011.
- Staples + BookRenter for Textbook Rentals. // Educational Marketer;2/7/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the partnership of office supplies chain Staples Inc. with textbook company BookRenter to provide textbook rentals on its upgraded staples.com web site.
- Textbook rentals no cure for rising college costs. Salazar, Cristian // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;11/10/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on the issues and the difficulties regarding the implementation of a textbook rental program in the U.S. for the college students of the country.
- Textbook rentals no cure for rising college costs. Salazar, Cristian // Chicago Citizen;11/10/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p7
The article reports on the textbook rental programs offered at U.S. colleges and universities, which allegedly do not help in solving the rising costs of college education.
- RENTAL IT. // International Rental News;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p45
The article offers rental industry news briefs as of September 2014. A new widget was introduced by the Netherlands rental association, Verhurend Nederland, in which members can use on their websites to gauge the satisfaction of their customers. Rental Market Metrics certification was granted to...
- Oracle tests application rental market. Elgin, Ben; Foley, Mary Jo // PC Week;08/31/98, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p18
Focuses on the renting or leasing of computer software applications. Why Internet service providers (ISP) benefit from leasing arrangements; How leasing arrangements typically work; What ISPs must be willing to offer for leasing arrangements to be successful; Software which works well in a...