Wiley Sees Digital Having Impact in Higher Education Results
- Digital Hitting its Marks at Wiley Education. // Educational Marketer;3/21/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p5
The article focuses on the sales growth at academic publishing company John Wiley & Sons Inc., which was attributed to digital-based solutions. According to the March 2014 financial results presented by Wiley chief executive officer (CEO) and president Steve Smith, sales for enrollment...
- STOCKS TO WATCH. Ipsen, Erik // Crain's New York Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p4
The article reports developments related to stocks in New York. The shares of Vornado, the real estate investment trust whose stock has tripled over four years have slipped nearly 17 percent. InterActive Corp.'s shares has declined by one percent. The shares of 200-year-old publisher John Wiley...
- Wiley Higher Ed Revenue Grows 8.6% in Fiscal 2011. // Educational Marketer;7/4/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the 8.5% to 48.3 million dollar growth in John Wiley & Sons Inc.'s Higher Education revenue due to increased shool enrollment and strong back list sales as reflected in the 2011 financial report ended April 30. It says that the company prepares for the launch of the...
- Wiley P/T Finishes Q2 Fiscal 2007 with 10% Revenue Gain. // Book Publishing Report;12/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p1
The article presents information on the financial status of John Wiley & Sons Inc. It is stated that the company reported an overall profit of $104 million for its Professional/Trade division in the second quarter of the financial year 2007. However, according to CEO William Pesce, the business...
- Higher Ed Sales Grow More Moderately In January. // Educational Marketer;3/29/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p4
The article presents a monthly sales report from the Association of American Publishers which reveals that industry net sales in higher education increased 7.9% in January 2010.
- Sales, profits jump at Wiley. // Publishers Weekly;6/24/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 26, p16
Reports on the financial gains posted by John Wiley & Sons as of April 30, 1996. Rise in sales and net income; Increase in profit margin over figures in 1995; Acquisitions made by Wiley.
- Wiley looks to acquisitions, Intl. expansion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/4/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 36, p12
Reports that John Wiley & Sons spent $12.3 million on niche acquisition in the fiscal year ended April 30, 1995. Expansion of business through new products; Performance of international sales.
- Wiley has third year of solid growth. // Publishers Weekly;6/26/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 26, p22
Reports on the financial performance of John Wiley & Sons Inc. for the fiscal year ended April 30, 1995. Revenues; Net income; Sales.
- Wiley posts gains in sales and earnings in fiscal '94. Baker, John F.; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/27/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 26, p12
Reports on the financial performance of John Wiley & Sons for fiscal 1994. Sales increase; Operating income; Net income; Improvement in margins; Increase in scientific, technical and medical division; International improvements.