- COLLEGE PRESIDENTS. // Education Digest;Jan1958, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p56
The article reports on career developments involving college presidents in the U.S. Lloyd M. Bertholf, academic vice-president at College of the Pacific, Stockton, California, has been appointed successor to Merill J. Holmes on his retirement. Frank A. Rose, formerly president of Transylvania...
- Career-path characteristics of community college presidents. Oglesby, Vicki Diane; Windham, Robert // College Student Journal;Sep96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p316
Focuses on the career-path characteristics of community college presidents. Level of job satisfaction; Career-path variables serving as predictors of gender among the presidents with high job satisfaction.
- Small Men on Campus: Modern University Presidents. Dennison, George M. // Innovative Higher Education;Summer2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p269
Modern university presidents lack the stature and standing their predecessors enjoyed, or so it appears. Critics and defenders alikeï¿½even presidents and former presidentsï¿½seem to agree with this proposition, albeit for different reasons. Critics note that presidents today exhibit a...
- IN BRIEF. Burkey, Brent // Central Penn Business Journal;3/25/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p11
The article announces that Lisa Ann Plowfield has been named as the chancellor of the York campus of Pennsylvania State University on August 1, 2011.
- Career patterns of private four-year college and university presidents in the United States. Wessel, Roger D.; Keim, Marybelle C. // Journal of Higher Education;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p211
Examines the career patterns of college and university presidents in the United States. Demographic data the presidents; Positions from which presidents entered higher education; Previous position titles; Academic career-pattern as a predominant characteristic among presidents.
- King Named President of NC College. // Community College Week;7/21/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p63
The article announces the appointment of Dennis King as president of Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College in North Carolina.
- Cole Named Interim Leader at Holmes CC. // Community College Week;7/21/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p64
The article announces the appointment of David C. Cole as interim president at Holmes Community College.
- Moves and more. // Journal on Active Aging;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p14
The article announces the appointment of professionals in the U.S. including Lisa Marsh Ryerson as president at nonprofit AARP Foundation, Chris Rio as vice president at Senior Living Communities, a retirement community, and William Dexter as the American College of Sports Medicine's president.
- A Farewell and a Welcome. SANKAT, CLEMENT K. // STAN: St. Augustine News;5/3/2015, p3
The article announces the resignation of professor E. Nigel Harris as vice chancellor of the University of the West Indies (UWI) in Saint Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago and the selection of Hilary Beckles to assume vice chancellor position.