44 States, D.C, Win $330 Million in Grants for Assessments 2.0
- Condition of Education, 1999: Overview. // Condition of Education, 1999: Overview;2000, p1
Presents information from the United States Department of Education about the state of public and private education.
- Report sets `technological literacy' as key goal. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;7/10/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p25
Focuses on a US Department of Education report which hints on the need for American education to focus on technological literacy. Framework for how states and school districts can achieve technological literacy with limited federal involvement; President Bill Clinton's proposal to give federal...
- Federal Grant Starts Up 'State Scholars' Program. Galley, Michelle; Hoff, David J.; Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;10/30/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p11
Reports on developments related to education in the U.S. as of October 2002. Department of Education's awarding of Arkansas with federal money to begin implementing the State Scholars program; Approval of a revised version of Massachusetts's history/social science framework by the state board...
- Two New Education Offices Promote Safety and Improvement. Pascopella, Angela // District Administration;Nov2002, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p19
Reports on the creation of two U.S. Department of Education offices that will promote safety and improvement. Prevention of violence and drug and alcohol use among students; Assisting character and magnet schools.
- Make it a stellar year. Riley, Richard W. // Teaching Pre K-8;Sep98, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the America Goes Back to School initiative sponsored by the United States Department of Education. Goals of the initiative; Critical roles of teachers; Three co-chairs working on the campaign.
- NSTA's Legislative Update -- Is ESEA Reauthorization Over for Now? // NSTA Express;1/9/2012, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Education Math and Science Partnerships includes 150 million dollars and the Education Committee has introduced summaries of two partisan bills to reauthorize the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA).
- NEWS in BRIEF. Gehring, John; Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;09/06/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p47
Reports developments related to education in the United States as of September 2000. Statement of need by the Department of Education (DE) for public comments on an amendment to a legislation; Implication of a regulation to teachers' student-loan obligations; Appointment of Alexander Wohl as...
- Improve education: Fire the experts. Williams, Walter // Headway;Jun97, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p16
States that the best thing we can do for American education is to abolish university education departments and the US Department of Education and fire education `experts.' Evaluation of the achievement-test scores demonstrated by SAT and US National Assessment of Educational Progress; Analysis...
- E.D. form for goals funding sent to states. Pitsch, Mark // Education Week;5/4/94, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the United States Education Department's `Goals 2000' program. Department's issuance of application forms for governors and state school chiefs; Simplicity of the application process; Range of available funding for the educational funds of the states; Requirements of the program.