CSU, 5 Publishers Launch Digital Text Licensing Pilot
- The Evolution of Digital Publishing in Higher Education. // T H E Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p34
Discusses the views of custom content provider XanEdu on the evolution of digital publishing in higher education. Importance of custom materials for schools and educators; Benefits of digital publishing for students; Examples of areas where custom materials have helped schools; Expectations for...
- From writing to publishing: A model for program development. Cowan, Ann // Book Research Quarterly;Spring90, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p48
Describes the advantages of using university programs for noncredit education to support courses in publishing. Use of these program to permit access to the resources of the industry and enable universities to serve publishers' educational needs.
- Higher education as a field of study: The leading journals. Keister, Stephen D. // Serials Review;Spring90, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p59
Cites several periodicals that best publish articles on higher education. Includes the `Academe'; `Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning'; `Chronicle of Higher Education.'
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;12/18/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 36, p8
The article offers news briefs in the publishing industry in the U.S. The McGraw-Hill Higher Education has launched the PrepCenter Web-based course planner for university instructors that allows them to find and organize supplemental materials related with McGraw-Hill texts. The Houghton...
- Help Us Spread The Word. Goral, Tim // University Business;Mar2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p6
The author calls for the passing and spreading of the copy of the "University Business" magazine for various subscribers in the U.S. It notes that the journal is a controlled circulation publication intended for qualified subscribers for free. It provides business and technology issues on...
- Efficiency Estimates and Rankings Employing Data Envelopment and Stochastic Frontier Analyses: Evaluating the Management of U.S. Public Colleges. Sav, G. Thomas // Information Management & Business Review;Aug2012, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p444
This paper estimates and compares operating efficiencies of publicly owned associate degree granting colleges in the United States using data envelopment analysis (DEA) and stochastic frontier analysis (SFA). Comparisons are based on panel data for 698 colleges over four academic years, 2005-09....
- Internationalization of Higher Education in Post-Soviet Small States: Realities and Perspectives of Moldova. Kushnarenko, Valentyna; Cojocari, Ludmila // Current Issues in Comparative Education;Fall2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p132
Internationalization of higher education has become a priority for many universities in post-Soviet small states. Focusing on international communication networks, student mobility, or international curriculum development, universities invest human and financial resources to prepare graduates to...
- Publishing Training and Buchwissenschaft in Germany. Kerlen, Dietrich // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p23
Focuses on publishing training and the study of books in Germany. Value and role of books in German society; Universities in Germany that offer study programs on book publishing; Historical reasons for the lack of media studies in Germany.
- Publishing Education of China Faces the Challenge of Development. Yu, Huiming // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p28
Investigates the development of education for the publishing industry in China from 1980 to 2000. List of universities in China that offer publishing majors; Employment and professional demands for publishing major graduates; Formal professional training for employees in the publishing industry.