E-Textbooks Find Legs in Higher Education
- Create Customized Course Materials. // T H E Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p42
Announces the debut of customized course materials XanEdu serving the higher education sector in the United States. Importance of CoursePacks in curricula customization; Availability of CoursePacks; Usefulness of MBA ReSearch Engine for term papers and presentations of students; Relevance of...
- Managing Multimedia. Angelo, Jean Marie // University Business;Oct2003, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p42
Focuses on the incorporation of multimedia presentation technology into the higher education system in the U.S. Strategies adopted in order to cope with the technology's varying standards; Challenges being faced by educators in the management of multimedia facilities; Benefits of multimedia...
- On the Horizon: Technologies Coming to Your School Soon. SKIBA, DIANE J. // Nursing Education Perspectives (National League for Nursing);Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p114
The article examines the trends and issues facing U.S. higher education, particularly emerging technologies, cited in "The 2010 Horizon Report." The report is a result of a collaboration between the not-for-profit organization New Media Consortium and the Educause Learning Initiative. The...
- Using Electronic Sketchbooks in the Classroom. Dodson, James // Media & Methods;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the advantages of using electronic sketchbooks in the classroom. Features of the electronic sketchbook; Possible classroom application; Experiences of various schools with the sketchbooks; Suggested applications for different classes.
- K-12 Sales Inch Up In July, While College Sales Show Stronger Growth. // Educational Marketer;09/06/99, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the sales of instructional materials for K-12 and college students in the United States in July 1999.
- Merlot. Schell, George P.; Burns, Max // e-Service Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p53
University faculties are under increasing pressure to do more with less. They are expected to continuously improve educational experiences to more students at less expense. Without assistance, the pressures of increasing demands and decreasing resources may prove too great to maintain a high ...
- Intelligent Technology Engages Students, Helps Them Achieve Academic Goals. PRENTICE, KELLY // Community College Week;Fall2009 Technology Update, p10
The article offers tips on selecting educational technology that increases participation and academic achievement among U.S. college students. WebStudy Inc. president Gisele Larose recommends teaching students through course management systems (CMS) because they allow multitasking and offer...
- Digital Helps To Drive Hard-Won Success In First Half of 2009. // Educational Marketer;8/17/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on the role of digital books in the success of the college market in the U.S. in the first half of 2009. It mentions the increase in net sales of instructional materials in the college market. According to Will Ethridge, chief executive officer (CEO) of Pearson PLC's North...
- Electronic dictionary. Oh, Paul // Instructor-Intermediate;Mar1997, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p14
Reviews "Speaking Fun-damental Dictionary," an electronic dictionary from Franklin Electronic Publishers.