Career College Revenue Grows in Second Quarter
- Bits & bytes. // Community College Week;10/05/98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p14
Presents news briefs on universities and colleges in the United States. Number of students enrolled at the Western Governors University; Arctic Council's plan to open a University of the Arctic; Drop in Apollo Group Incorporated's stock.
- Revenue, Restructuring Drive Performance in 2007. // Educational Marketer;4/14/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the improvement of the operating performance and margins of educational publishers in the U.S. in 2007. According to the Publisher Performance Index, the operating income of publishers has increased by 13 percent compared to 2006. It also notes that the improvement in...
- Affects of Working Capital Management on Firm's Performance: Evidence from Turkey. VURAL, Gamze; SÖKMEN, Ahmet Gökhan; ÇETENAK, Emin Hüseyin // International Journal of Economics & Financial Issues (IJEFI);2012, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p488
The working capital management has an important role for the firm's success or failure because of it's' effect on firm's performance and liquidity. The study is based on secondary data collected from 75 manufacturing firms listed on Istanbul Stock Exchange Market for the period 2002- 2009 with...
- Does Cash Conversion Cycle Have Impact on Return on Assets of Nigerian Firms? Takon, Samuel Manyo // Research Journal of Finance & Accounting;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p34
The Cash Conversion Cycle [CCC] is a powerful performance metric for assessing how well a company is managing its capital. A company with lower cash conversion cycle is more efficient because it turns its working capital over more times per year, and that allows it to generate more sales per...
- Working Capital Management and Profitability: An empirical Investigation in an Emerging Market. Addae, Albert Amponsah; Nyarko-Baasi, Michael // Research Journal of Finance & Accounting;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p143
The paper seeks to examine the effect of working capital management (WCM) on firms' performance for nonlisted Ghanaian firms. The paper includes conceptual as well as empirical analysis in which data from a sample of non-listed firms from 2004-2009 are analyzed to examine if efficient WCM...
- Education Stocks Rising In October. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;10/30/2013, pB08
The 28 stock Consumer Services-Education spiked 10% last week â€” the group's best week since January.
- Career Colleges Embark on a Year of Transition in Search of a Rebound to Growth. // Educational Marketer;3/12/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the marketing strategy of for-profit career college providers to proceed on a year of transition in search of a rebound to employment growth in the U.S. It notes that college providers are confronting an uncertain economy with a slowly improving job market and systemic...
- Career Colleges Carve out Niches in Rebuilding Effort. // Educational Marketer;9/23/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the rebuilding efforts of career colleges in the U.S. that include programs adjustment, revamp of enrollment procedures, and cost reduction. It mentions several companies with improve marketing strategies including Bridgepoint, Apollo Group, and Career Education Corp. A...
- Smart Revenue Generators. Grayson, Katherine // University Business;Dec2003, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p37
Focuses on several revenue-generating ideas for colleges and universities in the U.S. Significance of creating internal fundraising events; Benefits of spinoff executive education programs; Importance of using unified communications software to institutions.