McGraw-Hill Forms School Improvement Team
- EM's Top PreK-12 Stories of 2008. // Educational Marketer;1/5/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses the top PreK-12 reports of 2008 that could come across in 2009. It states that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt in Boston, Massachusetts combined its school business into a K-12 division. It says that new leaders took over at Pearson PLC and McGraw-Hill Education, including Peter...
- EM's Top Higher Education Stories of 2008. // Educational Marketer;2/ 2/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p5
The article offers information on the top higher education stories in 2008 choice of the journal "Educational Marketer." It says that Flat World Knowledge Inc. has launched its free open source textbook beta testing. John Wiley and Sons Inc. and the University of Texas, has ventured into an...
- What's Your Story? ARUGUETE, MOSES MARC // Principal;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p9
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a call for stories from school principals about school improvement in the U.S.
- SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT. // Education Week;10/26/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p5
The article discusses the results of the educational reform program Apollo 20 implemented in Texas' Houston Independent School District, which are found in the report entitled "Creating 'No Excuses' (Traditional) Public Schools: Preliminary Evidence From an Experiment in Houston."
- SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT GRANTS. CAVANAGH, SEAN // Education Week;5/11/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p5
The article discusses the report "A Portrait of School Improvement Grantees," by the think tank Education Sector, which addresses the percentage of schools participating in the federal School Improvement Grant program that have chosen the transformation school improvement method.
- Up-and-Coming Leaders: Steven Wrobleski. Young, Erin // Phi Delta Kappan;Oct2010, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p79
The article offers a look at the work of Steven Wrobleski, curriculum director at LaSalle-Peru Township High School in LaSalle, Illinois, where students are involved with the school improvement initiative High Schools That Work (HSTW).
- TURNING AROUND SCHOOLS. D. V. // Education Week;10/14/2009, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p5
The article discusses a report from the research group Public Impact detailing five successful school turnarounds. The schools are from a diverse selection of communities in states including Montana, Maryland and Illinois. The article notes that the report is one of a series being released by...
- STRUGGLING SCHOOLS. D. V. // Education Week;4/28/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p5
The article summarizes published proceedings of a forum on a study of restructuring efforts for low-achieving schools, which found that no single strategy was guaranteed to succeed, that successful restructurings used data in decision making, and that replacing staff could help or hurt...
- Least-Disruptive School Turnaround Model Proving to Be Most Popular. Maxwell, Lesli A. // Education Week;8/11/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p30
The article discusses the transformation school intervention method that some failing schools in the U.S. have chosen to implement as a way to increase educational quality.