Blackboard Buys into Collaborative Learning Segment
- Blackboard to Acquire Elluminate and Wimba. // Electronic Education Report;7/12/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the definitive agreements signed by Washington, D.C.-based Blackboard Inc. to acquire Calgary, Alberta-based Elluminate Inc. and New York-based Wimba, both providers of synchronous learning and collaboration to the education market, in July 2010.
- Online Learning Tech Updates. Kowalke, Mae // Distance Education Report;12/1/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p6
The article focuses on the efficiency of using the online learning technological tools developed by Blackboard Inc. and Wimba in the U.S.
- Partnerships & Acquisitionsï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;10/5/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the partnership between Blackboard Inc. and Wimba in the U.S. The partnership is aimed to distribute Wimba Collection Suite Express to Blackboard K-12 schools and districts in several states. Clients of Blackboard Leaning Systems will access the voice, video and instant...
- Wimba Classroom/Building Blocks for Blackboard 6.0 (version 3.3). Sharp, Steven // TESL-EJ;Sep2008, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
The article evaluates the Wimba Classroom/Building Blocks for Blackboard 6.0 teaching platform from Wimba.
- Elluminate Live: Real-time online conference rooms for educators on the move. Nussbaum-Beach, Sheryl // Technology & Learning;Nov2007, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p12
The article evaluates the online collaboration systems Elluminate Live! Version 8 from Elluminate Inc.
- ELLUMINATE. // District Administration;Jul2007, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p59
The article reviews the Elluminate Live! 8.0 software from Elluminate Inc.
- Elluminate Live! 7.0 Academic Edition. // Tech & Learning;Dec2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p35
The article reviews the computer software Elluminate Live! 7.0 Academic Edition from Elluminate.
- Three-Part Suite. // University Business;Aug2008, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p50
The article reviews the Elluminate Learning Suite online communication solution from Elluminate Inc.
- People…. // Electronic Education Report;4/6/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p8
The article announces the appointment of Carol Vallone as the acting chief executive officer (CEO) of software provider Wimba.