44 States Sign on to One or More Testing Consortium
- Technology in Education. // Education Innovator;3/31/2010, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p10
The article offers updates related to educational technology in the U.S. A videoconferencing in Stamford High School in Connecticut helps students to access places across the country and share aspects of their community life. The state Board of Education in Pennsylvania has planned to launch an...
- Low-cost PD to keep up. K. W. // District Administration;Jan2016, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p56
The article reports that educators in many school districts in the U.S. are looking to find low-cost alternatives to technology tools and techniques.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions …. // Electronic Education Report;3/19/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p8
The article offers news briefs related to education in the U.S. including the ETA Cuisenaire's launch of an online professional learning community, the launch of the course "From Vision to Action: The 21st Century Teaching and Learning Plan" and the creation of free educational applications by PBS.
- Companies Target Hybrid-Charter Market. QUILLEN, IAN // Education Week;3/7/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 23, pS11
The article discusses U.S. education technology businesses that support U.S. hybrid charter schools which use blended learning approaches, including K12 Inc. and Connections Education, as well as companies that provide targeted online personalized instruction such as Rocketship Education.
- California School Gets Hitachi. // Systems Contractor News;Aug2010, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p14
The article reports that the Arovista Elementary School in Brea, California has given the Digital Classroom Bundle Technology Workstand 9095 units, which include Hitachi CP-X2010 projectors and ELMO Document Cameras, to expand the learning capabilities of the students.
- EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY. Ash, Katie // Education Week;4/28/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p5
The article reports results of the seventh annual survey of state educational technology directors which identifies trends in the federal Enhancing Education Through Technology program, including a disproportionate use of the funding for middle and high school projects, exploration of online...
- Upcoming Events. // ED Review;2/28/2014, p8
A calendar of events related to education in the U.S. is presented which includes a presentation by students of how technology has or could make a difference in their learning, a briefing by the U.S. Department of Education on U.S. President Barack Obama's Fiscal Year 2015 budget request and...
- Instructional software gains ground but mobile devices dominate. Pascopella, Angela // District Administration;Jan2016, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p50
The article reports on a DA survey of K12 technology leaders in the U.S., which claims that school districts will again expand use of mobile devices, Wi-Fi and instructional software in 2016.
- Recommended Reading. Solomon, J. D. // District Administration;Mar2016, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including effective and innovative programs used in U.S. education system, the reported shortage of substitutes in districts, and the advantages of Internet-based telephone systems.