Pearson Has Problems Delivering FCAT Results
- Florida's Fiasco. Walker, Tim // NEA Today;Summer2012, p11
The article discusses the results of the Florida comprehensive assessment test (FCAT) for writing in which only 27 percent of fourth graders passed resulting to a questioning of the state's Board of Education. It notes that the media, parent groups and educators sought an explanation from the...
- Eyre casts long shadow over ITV. // Marketing Week;11/4/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p3
Comments on the departure of Richard Eyre from cable television network ITV to join Pearson Television International as chief executive. Compensation package offered by Pearson; Performance of ITV under Eyre; Speculation on the reason for Eyre's departure.
- Female directors still in the minority. // Personnel Today;9/2/2003, p7
Less than 6 per cent of directors in Great Britain companies are female, despite women now making up almost half the workforce. A study of 568 Great Britain companies on the FTSE All-Share index by the Ethical Investment Research Service (EIRIS) shows just 5.3 per cent of directors are women....
- Product Placement. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;05/02/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the appointment of Brian Harris as chief executive officer of Pearson Television North America. Harris' plan to step up production of one-hour dramas and action series; Formation of an ad-hoc network of United States and international stations on which to launch its U.S.-made series.
- Mackay ascends to Pearson deputy CEO. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/8/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 10, p40
Announces appointment of Cathy Mackay as deputy chief executive officer of Pearson Television International. Career background; Promotion of David Lyle as president of entertainment at Pearson Television North America.
- Assessment Nationwide. // Scholastic Administrator;Aug2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
The article offers updates related to education in the U.S. including the development of the Common Core States Initiative education standards in the country, the restructuring plans which was received by The Chicago Board of Education, and the success of Florida students who performed above...
- Lazenby has his time in the Sun. // Lending Strategy;Dec2008/Jan2009, p42
The article presents information on Mike Lazenby, chief executive officer (CEO) of Kent Reliance Building Society. He was described as an example of someone in the ï¿½150,000 tax band who will be worse off after April 2011 when he will be paying tax at 45p in the pound. According to him, the...
- buzz.edu. // Scholastic Administrator;Aug2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p64
The comic strip "The Logic Behind the FCAT" is presented.
- Florida elementary students achieve dramatic increases in math performance. // Tech & Learning;Nov2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p42
The article reports that third-grade students at Ivey Lane Elementary School in Florida's Orange County have achieved a 26-point gain in grade-level math achievement on the 2011 FCAT (Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test) due to the implementation of MIND's ST Math visual math software program.