Pearson, MCPS Partner for Curriculum Initiative
- Florida Virtual School Expands Offerings. // Electronic Education Report;2/6/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the virtual solutions offered by the Florida Virtual School to all 67 Florida school districts in 2012.
- Pearson Will Provide Higher Education in U.S. and U.K. // Electronic Education Report;9/3/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p3
The article reports on the move of Pearson PLC to launch its online program Cal State Online for the California State University and an initiative to deliver undergraduate degrees in the Great Britain as part of effort to becoming a provider of educational services.
- Sharnell Jackson: Efficiency and Technology Maven at Chicago Public Schools. Whitney, Kellye // Chief Learning Officer;Jun2007, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p30
The article profiles Sharnell Jackson, chief e-learning officer (CLO) of Chicago Public Schools (CPS), in Chicago, Illinois. Jackson started her career as a teacher in a kindergarten until she became a manager of online learning for the school district, assistant director of instructional...
- THE BOTTOM LINE: Funding Online Courses. Darrow, Rob // School Administrator;Apr2010, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p26
The article tells how the Clovis Unified School District in California established a financially sustainable online program. The K-12 school district's goal of giving students a way to finish their coursework after school and have time to participate in extracurricular activities is noted. The...
- The Blossoming of Blended Learning. BAUERNSCHMIDT, JUDY // School Administrator;Apr2013, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p28
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of using blended and online education in their school district.
- CISD Board discuss school safety issues. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);7/11/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p3
The article reports on the Clarendon Independent School District (CISD) Board of Trustees' discussion on school safety issues as well as its approval of the proposed provision of online Spanish classes and property insurance coverage during its regular session on June 18, 2013.
- School District of Philadelphia Uses Web-Based System
to Increase Student Achievement. Williams, Creg E. // T H E Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p51
Reports on the plan of the School District of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania to use Web-based system to improve students' performance in 2003. Information on the Kaplan Achievement Planner, a Web-based system that prescribes lesson plans and ongoing formative assessments that increase student...
- Fighting Cyber Charters ON THEIR TURF. LAFEE, SCOTT // School Administrator;Dec2016, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p36
The article discusses how school districts offer a better-quality alternative to students seeking their education online. When students in traditional public schools leave for the virtual attractions of an online education, the taxpayer-supplied funding that supports their education goes with...
- Hundreds of Maine Students Take Class from the Couch. // Curriculum Review;Oct2014, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses the online school Maine Connections Academy, which serves students from 7th to 12th grade throughout Maine. Topics include the use of the Connexus online education system, the funding of the school, and the ownership of the school by the textbook publisher Pearson PLC. An...