PreK-12 Sales Decline 12.4% in March; Still up YTD
- Third-Quarter Results Mixed in Challenging Market. // Electronic Education Report;11/1/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1
The article focuses on the financial results of educational material providers Renaissance Learning Inc., Scientific Learning Corp. and Pearson PLC for the third quarter of 2010. It states that Renaissance had a 2.7 % increase in sales of up to 32.6 million dollars. It relates that sales of...
- Global and granular looks at the audiovisual market. McLaughlin, Patrick // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May2010, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p27
The article reports on the study regarding the global audiovisual (AV) market commissioned by InfoComm International to Acclaro Growth Partners, as well as on the fifth InfoComm Economic Snapshot Survey. It relates that the global AV survey found that the industry was worth 68 billion dollars in...
- Supplemental Publishers Wait for Stimulus to Spur Sales. // Electronic Education Report;6/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p3
The article reports that providers of supplementary instructional materials hope for a boost in school purchasing for 2009 as a result of federal stimulus education funding in the U.S. It states that projected supplemental sales for 2009 is 4.03 million dollars as stimulus funds for...
- Comp Pace Picks Up. // Home Textiles Today;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p20
The article reports on the 2.7 percent sales increase recorded in October 2010 as revealed in the Johnson Redbook Index in New York.
- How to prepare a sales projection. Leiser, Craig // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug97 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p133
Focuses on the importance of a sales projection in planning for business growth. Benefits of a finished sales projection; Consideration of factors that affect sales; Need to decide what is to be measured before preparing the actual sales projection.
- Holiday sales hold up well. Jones, Llwellyn // Finance Week;1/31/2003, p25
Forecasts the sales of the retail sector in South Africa. Occurrence of food inflation; Decrease of the maize price; Decline of consumer confidence.
- A passion for forecasting. Stack, Jack // Inc.;Nov97, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p37
Points out how bad forecasts can cause problems in a company. Rules to follow to increase the likelihood of getting a good sales forecast; Quantify expectations; Ask the right questions and insist on real answers; Use your salespeople to link your workforce to the marketplace; Leave the...
- How to improve the salespeople's forecasts. Jain, Chaman L. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Spring94, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p2
Editorial. Discusses how companies can improve salespeople's forecasts. Need for salespeople to have easy access to the data and the tools; Forecasting education; Steps to be followed before preparing forecasts; Revenue analysis flowchart; Documentation of and reward for forecasts.
- Eliciting accurate sales forecasts from market experts. Barash, Mark; Chase Jr., Charles W. // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Fall94, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p24
Presents a discussion on eliciting accurate sales forecasts from market experts. Challenges in eliciting forecasts; Providing an incentive; Team forecasting; Making a game out of it; Adjusting input; Using other forecasts.