College Publishers See Net Sales Loss in March; YTD up 18.3%
- College Textbook Sales Climb in 2010. // Educational Marketer;2/28/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the economic conditions of the college textbook publishing industry which is experiencing a decline in net sales by 3.6% to 890.2-million dollar in December 2009 as a result of slow enrollment growth and reduction in the number of courses offered in the U.S.
- Clever ways to increase subscription prices. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/95, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p9
Suggests ways to increase subscription price without losing customers. Installment billing; Reducing ratebase; Automatic renewals.
- LIFELINE. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/11/2010, p9
The article presents a timeline concerning India's economic trends in publishing industry including the extension of the government on foreign investment in June 2005, the announcement of "CondÃ© Nast Traveller" regarding its October issue in January 2010, and the upcoming launch of "Lonely...
- So you want to sell your magazine ? Sheiman, Bruce // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/15/94, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p40
Presents seven key considerations in the sale of a magazine publishing company. Valuation; Buyers; Management; Timing; Role of owner after sale; Selling to the competitor; Options for transactions.
- Is a late-year publishing turnaround in view? Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/27/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 44, p12
Observes that third-quarter results from major educational and professional publishers, a retailer, and a distributor offer strong indications of an improving publishing economic environment at the end of 1997. Results from Houghton Mifflin, McGraw-Hill Cos., Times Mirror, Advanced Marketing...
- Publisher stocks: February performances. // Publishers Weekly;3/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p11
Provides statistical data relating to the performances of publishing industry stocks for February 1998. Stock rise for Amazon.com and Plenum; Stock drop for Waverly and Crown Books; Rise of both the Publishers Weekly Stock Index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- Industry sales rose 5% in 1995, to 19.8 billion; kids PB best. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/18/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 12, p13
Reports on the performance of various categories in the publishing industry for 1995. A bad year for mass market paperbacks, although total publishing books sales rose; Publishing segments that outperformed the industry average including religion and professional; Book club sales resurgence;...
- Impact of 1995's rising paper, postage costs. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;12/19/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 51, p16
Reports on the impact of paper and postage price increases on the publishing industry in the United States. Ways to hold down the cost increases; Factors contributing to the increase of the cost of paper; Reactions from publishers.
- Publishers' margin show surprising strength in '96. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/30/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 26, p10
Reports on the profit margins of several publishing companies for the 1996 fiscal year where nine improved their margins and seven declined. 1996 an improvement over 1995s profit margins; Profit margin details of several publishers including Dove Entertainment and HarperCollins; Chart showing...