Common Core Standards Initiative Moves into Adoption Phase
- Need Help With the Common Core Standards? Make Sure You Attend IRA Orlando. // Reading Today;Mar2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p18
The article explores the programs at the 56th International Reading Association (IRA) Annual Convention which addresses the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics. It states that the Common Core Standards were developed by the Council of Chief State School Officers...
- An Examination of Schools' Remoteness and Students' Learning Performance in Nigeria: The Need for Technology Intervention. Agbatogun, Alaba Olaoluwakotansibe // International Journal of Learning;2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p501
This study investigated the relationship between schools' remoteness and quality of education in Mathematics, English language and Integrated Science. 182 teachers and 1916 students from eleven Junior Secondary Schools in Nigeria were purposively selected from the two local governments in Ogun...
- English Common Core State Standards Released. // Language Magazine;Nov2009, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the release of the first official public draft of the college- and career-readiness standards in English-language arts and mathematics. It notes that the draft was released by the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and the Council of Chief State...
- Math, English standards released in Calif. Manzo, Kathleen Kenned // Education Week;11/27/96, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p3
Reports on top California education policymakers' release of the first set of academic standards in mathematics and English language arts for high school students. Cooperative effort to raise achievement and relieve the burden on colleges to provide remedial education; Important aspects of the...
- www. // Illinois Literacy;Fall2005, p3
Presents three literacy Web sites. Site which offers online literacy lessons from the Literacy Volunteers of DuPage County in Illinois; Site featuring interactive practice and math lessons; Site that offers English language materials for both students and teachers.
- Wolf on basic skills of young adults. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;1/20/2012, Issue 43, p2
The article reports on the acceptance of the recommendations of Professor Alison Wolf by the British Coaltition Governtment, which emphasizes the importance of mathematics and english skills in young people.
- Exploring the Source of Self-Regulated Learning: The Influence of Internal and External Comparisons. Miller, Janice Williams // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar2000, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p47
This study explored the ways in which students become self-regulated learners. High school students (N = 297) were self-administered ACT practice examinations and Bandura's self-regulated learning subscale (from his Multidimensional Scales of Perceived Self-Efficacy) with specific reference to...
- Have basic math, English been forgotten. Rupkalvis, David // Graham Leader;9/5/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 6, p2A
The article focuses on the author's belief that the rush to learn more has affected the ability of Amercian students to learn the basics of English and Mathematics.
- BakkavÃ¶r helps staff lost in translation. // Grocer;9/3/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8020, p9
The article reports on the plan of Laurens Patisseries, the chilled cream cakes division of Northinghamshire, England-based BakkavÃ¶r, to offer free lessons in English and maths to educate its diverse workforce.