Bridgepoint Publishes Own Textbooks for Online Courses
- Online Courses Can Be Women-Friendly. Morrison, Marcia; Van Osdel, Joanne; Gosmire, Doreen // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Nov2009, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p28
The article discusses the online courses offered by the University of South Dakota in Vermillion to graduate students. It states that the online teaching and learning works well to women because they are motivated and they found the instruction more flexible to their job and family. It notes...
- Popular ASAEF Training Now Available Online. // Supply House Times;Dec2010, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p53
The article reports on the availability of the ProductPro and Essential courses in American Supply Association (ASAU) Online, a learning management system (LMS) that delivers engaging training programs 24/7, as announced by the ASA Education Foundation.
- Ways to Improve Course Accessibility. // Online Classroom;Jul2010, p1
The article offers tips for teachers on improving the accessibility of an online course, including making sure all videos used are captioned with a transcript, presenting direct to the point information, especially for blind students, and coordinating with the disability services office.
- Coursera Offers Free Android App-Making Course. Melissa // Distance Education Report;
The article offers information on the Creative, Serious and Playful Science of Android Apps online course from Coursera Inc.
- The ABCs of MOOCs: What It's Like To Enroll. Pope, Justin // Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education;11/18/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p17
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of enrolling in a massive open online course.
- ANTI-CORRUPTION TRAINING. // Financial Executive;Jun2007, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p59
The article evaluates an online training course that focuses on Anti-Corruption & FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), which is presented by the online training company Click 4 Compliance LLC.
- ONLINE STONE TRAINING COURSE RELEASED. // Stone World;Sep2012, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p28
The article reports on the availability of the University of Ceramic Tile and Stone's (UofCTS) course "Understanding the Basics of Natural Stone" online through Terrazzo, Tile and Marble Association of Canada (TTMAC) located at www.ttmatc.com in 2012.
- Student Satisfaction Depends on Course Structure. // Online Classroom;Feb2004, p1
Focuses on the role of course structure on student satisfaction and community formation in online education. Objective measure of a study on the experiences of students in a number of courses; Most important factor in online learner satisfaction and community formation; Components of structure.
- How Scalable is Your Online Course? // Online Classroom;Aug2005, p3
Provides information about online course scalability, the degree to which an online course can be designed to accommodate larger or more sections of online courses without sacrificing quality. Characteristics of a scalable course; Challenges of offering high-enrollment online courses. INSET:...