Pearson Teams with Newark For New Purchasing System
- Texas and California Plan Joint Adoption Of Science Textbooks. West, Peter // Education Week;7/31/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p1
The article reports that to advance science education reform across the U.S., officials from California and Texas have agreed to send a common message to educational publishers by jointly adopting science textbooks. This action is expected to begin with 7th-grade textbooks in 1994 and will...
- Pearson Knowledge Technologies Introduces Write To Learn. // Electronic Education Report;1/27/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p2
The article reports that Boulder, Colorado-based Pearson Knowledge Technologies (PKT) has launched WriteToLearn, a web-based software for assisting students in developing reading comprehension and writing skills. The Knowledge Analysis Technologies engine offers automated text analysis and...
- AAP Reports Open Territories Sales Climb, Adoption States Sales Are Off. // Educational Marketer;04/16/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the increased sales of K-12 instructional materials in February 2001 according to publishers in the United States.
- Lower Sales, Higher Returns Add Up To Drop In College Net Sales. // Educational Marketer;04/16/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the decline in net sales of college instructional materials in February 2001 according to publishers in the United States.
- U.S. K-12 Revenues Rise Monthly Through First Three Months Of 2001. // Educational Marketer;06/11/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the revenue increases of publishers of K-12 instructional materials for schools in the United States in the first three months of 2001.
- & OTHER Things! // Book Report;May/Jun2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p42
Reports developments related to publishing and publisher in the U.S. as of May 2002. Availability of the 'Gateway to Educational Materials'; Release of Version 4.0 of 'The Geometer's Sketchpad' by Key Curriculum Press; Publication of 'INSIGHT' by the Institute for the Advancement of Engineering...
- Multimedia Mania '99 rubric. McKenzie, Jamie; Gray, Terrie // Tech & Learning;Mar99, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p49
Presents a rubric for the Multimedia Mania Contest designed to help students focused on content and information processing. Curriculum alignment; Work completed in the classroom; Teamwork; Organization of content; Originality.
- Teachers' perspectives on factors that affect computer use. Chiero, Robin T. // Journal of Research on Computing in Education;Winter97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p133
Reports the results of a study that focused on the teachers' use of computers. How teachers used computers in their work; Factors that promote or inhibit computer use for specific teacher tasks; Frequency of computer use by task.
- FIGARO - EUROPEAN ACADEMIC DIGITAL PUBLISHING INITIATIVE UNDERWAY. // Online Libraries & Microcomputers;Oct2002, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
Reports the establishment of FIGARO, an academic publishing project that will provide a publishing support to the European academic community, in September 2002. Components; Digital platforms supported by the project; Participants in the project.