OverDrive, Follett Add eReading On-the- Go Apps and Services
- Follett, With Microsoft, To Sell E-Books On Web To College Students. // Educational Marketer;04/02/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the decision of Follett Higher Education Group company to team up with Microsoft Corp. to distribute electronic books online in the Microsoft Reader format.
- Follett Adds E-books. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;4/9/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 15, p31
Highlights the launch of the eFollett electronic bookstore. Number of electronic book titles offered by the bookstore; Target consumers of the bookstore; Plans of the bookstore to collaborate with publishers.
- Driving Acceptance at IPFW. // Educational Marketer;5/20/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p6
The article discusses the factors behind adoption of Follett Higher Education Gropu Inc.'s includED course materials distribution program at Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW). It mentions that publishers provides digital textbooks with adaptive-learning capabilities and...
- eBook update. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p70
The article provides detailed instructions on using the mobile device application Bluefire Reader to download electronic books to mobile devices.
- An app for heritage: DigiMacq. Woo, D. // Australian Journal of Multi-Disciplinary Engineering;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p87
Mobile phones and music devices are no longer restricted to a limited set of voice call features. Today, the mobile device is capable of a huge variety of functions now that the platforms have been opened up to application developers and a business distribution model is in place. This provides...
- OverDrive Holds Inaugural Digipalooza in Cleveland. Datema, Jay // Library Journal;9/15/2006, Vol. 131 Issue 15, p21
The article discusses the first OverDrive user group meeting which was dubbed "Digipalooza" and was held in July 2006 in Cleveland, Ohio. OverDrive produces downloadable audio and e-books. The event brought together librarians, publishers and computer hardware experts to discuss the future...
- New digital newsstand connects you to the world. // Filipino Post;3/6/2014, p5
The article offers information related an eBook reading application "PressReader" that can be used for reading to news and reports from different newspapers and magazines on smart phones and computer tablets.
- OverDrive Statistics Show Impressive Growth in 2011. Kelley, Michael; Rapp, David // Library Journal;2/15/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p10
The article states that U.S. electronic book vendor OverDrive released statistics on January 19, 2012, indicating significant business growth in 2011.
- OverDrive Breaks Ground on New Headquarters. Kelley, Michael; Schwartz, Meredith // Library Journal;4/1/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p14
The article announces the construction of electronic book distribution firm OverDrive's headquarters in Garfield Heights, Ohio starting in May 2012, which will be 95,000 square feet in size on a 12-acre campus, housing more than 300 employees.