Princeton Review Uses Penn Foster to Drive Growth
- With Penn Foster, Princeton Review Expects Growth in 2010. // Electronic Education Report;3/22/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
The article reports that Princeton Review Inc. in Framingham, Massachusetts projects a revenue of 225 to 235 million dollars in 2010. The projection came after the acquisition of Penn Foster Education Group in December 2009. Penn was acquired for 170 million dollars and had a revenue of 95.9...
- Princeton Review Buys Penn Foster. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/26/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of Penn Foster Education Group from The Wicks Group by The Princeton Review for about 170 million dollars. Under the deal, Penn Foster will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Princeton Review and will operate as an independent entity, while retaining...
- Princeton Review Adds Penn Foster. // Electronic Education Report;1/12/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the 170 million dollars cash acquisition of the online career education firm Penn Foster Education Group by Princeton Review Inc. from private equity firm The Wicks Group. It says that the move of Princeton was for the creation of an education services company with an...
- Princeton Review and Kaplan Report Q3 Results. // Electronic Education Report;11/16/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p3
The article focuses on the performance of Princeton Review Inc. and Kaplan Education Center Ltd. for the third quarter of 2009. It states that the total revenue of Princeton Review range to 34.3 million dollars, which is down to 1.2% from the 34.7 million dollars for the third quarter of 2008....
- Penn Foster Launches Online College Prep High School. // Electronic Education Report;10/31/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p7
The article reports on the launch of the Avondale & Williams Preparatory High School, which aims at providing college-bound students with an option of flexible online program focused on college preparatory learning, by the Princeton Review Inc. and its Penn Foster Education Group in the U.S.
- Dump the SAT? Marlantes, Liz // Christian Science Monitor;11/2/99, Vol. 91 Issue 236, p14
Considers the motives of the Princeton Review for its position that the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) is flawed and needs to be revised.
- Across the nation: National. // Education Week;3/15/95, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p4
Reports on an arbitration panel ruling which states that test-preparation company Princeton Review must stop using claims about improving Scholastic Assessment Test Scores in its advertisements.
- Scoring big. L.B. // Entrepreneur;May97, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p120
Features the Princeton Review company, a company run by John Katzman which prepares students for the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Growth in revenues between 1987 and 1997; Change in direction to a cross-media education company; Legal aspect of franchising the business.
- Princeton Review offers free practice tests, info sessions. // New York Amsterdam News;1/15/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p20
This article focuses on activities of Princeton Review Inc. The Princeton Review is offering over 1,600 free practice tests and admissions information sessions nationwide to make the process less complicated and stressful. Students can also get the latest information and practice materials for...