HMH Shows Strength in Florida K-5 Math Adoption
- Pearson Tops Simba's Publisher Index in 2011. // Educational Marketer;9/10/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the release of the "Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2012-2013," by Simba Information Inc. which revealed that Pearson PLC leads the Simba PreK-12 U.S. Publisher Index in 2011. The market share of Pearson is highlighted which accounted to 18 percent in 2011. Two other...
- Texas Approves Programs For Reading, Lit. Adoption. // Educational Marketer;12/ 7/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the Texas State Board of Education's approval of the program that allows textbook publishers submit materials for reading and literature adoption. It relates three textbook publishers led the program including Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co., Pearson Co. and...
- Texas Reading and Literature Adoption Ordering Gets Under Way. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on the increase in orders for K-12 reading and literature instructional materials by school districts in Texas in 2010. It mentions the increase in orders from publishing companies including Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co., McGraw-Hill Cos., and Hampton-Brown. It...
- McGraw-Hill Education Sale Highlights Publishing Trends. Tomassini, Jason; Venugopal, Nikhita // Education Week;12/12/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p10
The article discusses the sale of McGraw-Hill Cos. publisher's educational division, to be called McGraw-Hill Education, and its implications for educational publishing. Topics include comments by McGraw-Hill Education chief executive officer (CEO) Lloyd Waterhouse, the Apollo Global Management...
- Around the States ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;7/ 6/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the adoption of the"Math in Focus: The Singapore Approach" by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH) at public schools in Fayette County, Kentucky.
- Publisher Launches Innovation Fund. Quillen, Ian // Education Week;9/22/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses the publishing company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's funding of $400 million aimed at innovation in education.
- FINANCIALS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;Jun2012, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p11
The article reports that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. has filed a Chapter 11 financial restructuring plan with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of New York.
- Cullinane Heads Content at HMH. // Educational Marketer;4/8/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p6
The article announces that Mary Cullinane was appointed chief content officer at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. in Boston, Massachusetts.
- HMH Goes Mobile with Fuse for iPad. // Educational Marketer;9/13/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p6
The article focuses on the move of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH) to launch a year-long Apple iPad pilot program in four school districts in California with the use of an application for Holt McDougal Algebra I.