Education Publishers Kept Eyes on 2009 Performance
- K-12 Sales Track Up 25% in February. // Educational Marketer;4/26/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the increasing revenue of education publisher in the U.S. in the PreK-12 segment from 2009-2010. It is indicated a 25.2 percent increase of sales in instructional materials ending in February 2010, gaining 102.3 million from 2009. It notes that sales in instructional...
- College Sales Climb; One View on Digital Growth. // Educational Marketer;4/26/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the increased sales of textbooks in the college market across the U.S. from 2008-2009. A report from the Association of American Publishers revealed that in February 2010, net sales of college textbooks climbed by 262.9, gaining 42 million dollars from February 2009. It...
- HMH Shows Strength in Florida K-5 Math Adoption. // Educational Marketer;4/26/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p1
The article provides an analysis regarding the performance of several educational publishers in the U.S. It states that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. topped the performance index in terms of volume of units, with 1.3 million units of student editions and assorted materials which...
- take a whole business approach to really reap rewards. Dalton, Justine // Human Resources Magazine;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
The author reflects on the importance of realizing real value of a strategic whole business approach to human resource (HR) for growth opportunity and business efficiency. She indicated that people involved in HR functions should be able to deliver a whole business approach accounting for...
- Performance indicators in Swedish Health Care. Heurgren, Mona; Åberg, Anders; Köster, Max; Ljung, Rickad // BMC Health Services Research;2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, Special section p1
Summary Sweden has developed national performance indicators to measure quality and efficiency in Health Care. The indicators will be published on a yearly basis on a County Council level. Aims The aims are to: 1) Report on the achievement of the counties for the purpose of transparency and...
- Annals of Occupational Hygiene Performance Indicators, 2009. Ogden, Trevor // Annals of Occupational Hygiene;Jun2010, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p367
The article lists the 2009 records of occupational hygiene performance indicators.
- Data, business analytics and a knowledge economy. Jones, Steven D. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/7/2015, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p12
The author discusses aspects of amount of data and information generated by organizations, including importance of key performance indicators, social networking company's need to manage text and videos from over a billion of visits and role of database organization skills in business analytics.
- Cengage Consolidates Boston Operations In New Offices. // Educational Marketer;9/29/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p2
The article reports that Cengage Learning Inc. has signed a lease at the Channel Center in South Boston, Massachusetts, where it can consolidate its Boston area operations.
- Cengage Expands with New Alliance, Two Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;1/19/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p1
The article focuses on the expansion of Cengage Learning Inc. as an independent company in Stamford, Connecticut with its two acquisitions and the formation of an alliance with Angel Learning, an electronic (e)-learning enterprise software provider in Indianapolis, Indiana.