EBSCO Expands Offering with NetLibrary Acquisition
- E-books on EBSCOhost: Combining NetLibrary E-books with the EBSCOhost Platform. Gorrell, Michael // Information Standards Quarterly;Spring2011, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p31
The article discusses the addition of electronic books to the EBSCOhost platform at the publishing firm EBSCO Publishing Inc. in the U.S. It mentions that their efforts of acquiring the electronic content provider NetLibrary has given them an opportunity of extending their EBSCOhost platform. It...
- EBSCO Publishing Teams with netLibrary. // Computers in Libraries;Jun2000, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p26
Reports on an announcement by EBSCO Publishing that will partner with netLibrary to deliver e-books to its library customers. Number of e-books that netLibrary offers; The number of titles that are being added to netLibrary's e-book collection each month; Contact information.
- TECHNOLOGY CONNECTION: E-books: Just Jump In! Foote, Carolyn // Library Media Connection;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p58
The article reports on the growing demand of electronic books (e-book) in the U.S. The author mentions that e-books grew popular among library vendors and becomes a popular option for automation. Moreover, it states that EBSCO Publishing Inc. acquired NetLibrary to provide e-book content to...
- netLibrary Adds New Markets, Management, and Partnerships. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Presents an interview with netLibrary president and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Robert Kaufman. Information on the company's library clients; Consumer content the company offers for hand-held devices; Development of electronic-book services; Transition from library to consumer market;...
- Vendors Add Heat to ALA Annual in New Orleans. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;8/1/1999, Vol. 124 Issue 13, p27
Presents news from the 1999 American Library Association (ALA) conference. Efforts of the ALA to promote unlimited Internet access for all library patrons; Debut appearance of netLibrary; Details of 3M Library Systems's identification system which uses digital identification tags instead of bar...
- netLibrary and EBSCO Publishing to Jointly Sell E-Books. // Information Today;May2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p68
Reports on the electronic-book distribution alliance between netLibrary and EBSCO Publishing. Extent of netLibrary's e-book collection, which will be marketed to United States libraries and colleges; Linking of the EBSCOhost database search tool with the netLibrary web site.
- EBSCO offers home page. // Database;Dec95, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p63
Reports that EBSCO Publishing has created a home page on the Internet. Address; Information offered.
- EBSCO Announces MCI as Telecommunications Ally, Adds Pharmaceutical Database to EBSCOhost. // Information Today;Mar97, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p44
Reports that EBSCO Publishing of Ipswich, Massachusetts, announced its $5 million agreement to use MCI, as its technology ally for communications services. Types of services that MCI will provide for the global network of EBSCOhost Communications Centers; How academic and public libraries can...
- EBSCO Publishing Releases New Version of Collectanea Corporate DeskTop Library. // Information Today;Nov97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p38
Announces the release of the 3.0 version of Collectanea Corporate DeskTop Library by EBSCO Publishing. Description of the additional features of the version; Benefits of the version to users; Description of the operations of the version; Whom the company is trying to target with this product;...
- EBSCO adds databases. // Database;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p12
Reports that EBSCO Publishing has released several current events and reference databases. Features.