NACS Stresses Need for Stores to Transition to Digital
- NACS Launches Digital Materials Distribution Platform. // Educational Marketer;9/28/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the launch of a digital materials distribution platform for electronic books (e-books) and print-on-demand content by NACS Media Solutions LLC, a subsidiary of the National Association of College Stores, in the Canada. It states that the pilot program was launched in...
- A Tsunami of Digital Reading Options Swamps the News. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Sep2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p7
The article considers several developments in the digital book industry as of September 2010. Cengage Learning is planning to use the enTourage eDGe platform to provide its catalog of digital books to students and educators for the fall semester, according to enTourage Systems Inc. A partnership...
- The National Association of College Stores. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;May2010, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p110
The article features the National Association of College Stores (NACS), the Oberlin, Ohio-based professional trade association representing the collegiate retailing industry.
- It's like Netflix, but not really. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/6/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p35
The article reports that the professional association, National Association of College Stores, in Oberlin, Ohio has entered the online textbooks business. A new company has been created by the Association through which students at nine colleges across the U.S. can access DVDs online at their...
- CAMEX 2010 Debuts Exciting New Format. Mellek III, Joseph W. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Feb2010, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p18
The article offers information on the National Association of College Stores (NACS) trade show to be held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida from March 12 to 15, 2010.
- The Kindle to Deliver Digital College Textbooks? // Educational Marketer;3/31/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p1
The reports on the marketing potential of Kindle, an electronic textbook delivery system which was launched by Amazon.com Inc. in November 2007 in the U.S. The potential of Kindle has raised the company's sales and book offerings. Mark Nelson, digital content strategist for the National...
- The Marc of success. // Billboard;8/17/96, Vol. 108 Issue 33, p32
Presents a photograph of songwriter Mark Nelson during his signing of a global publishing deal with MCA Music Publishing.
- Campus Bookstores Need to Re-Focus On Students. // Educational Marketer;3/29/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p3
The article focuses on the need for college bookstores to consider the important role of college students in the U.S. as emphasized by Lois Huff, senior vice president of Retail Forward. The National Association of College Stores (NACS) Foundation spent 300,000 dollars and partnered with Huff...
- Industry News. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p138
The article announces the recipients of the Independent College Bookstore Association's Best Practices and Top Performance awards in the U.S., including Excellence in Course Books Management Award to Iowa State University's University Book Store, Outstanding Insignia Product Performance Award to...