School Specialty Expands in Math with Think Math!
- ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS EDUCATION TIMELINE. Stuart, Susan // Ontario Mathematics Gazette;Jun2012, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p20
A timeline of the development of elementary mathematics education in Ontario for aspects including curriculum development, content and methodology from the 1960s through 2012.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Electronic Education Report;9/7/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p6
The article offers information related to acquisitions and partnerships such as the purchase of AutoSkill International Inc. for 11.7 million dollars by School Specialty Inc., the partnership between K12 Inc. and the University of Maryland University College to provide dual credit to eligible...
- The Ecology of School Improvement. Eisner, Elliot W. // Educational Leadership;Feb88, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p24
Examines key issues relevant to school improvement in the U.S. Problematic features of schools; Dimensions of schooling; Aims of curriculum and teaching.
- Locally Identified Promising Programs: Quality Control Through Professional Judgment. Moir, Olga // Educational Leadership;Oct78, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p51
Examines school programs that offer a new dimension of curricular options in the U.S. Approaches to determine the effectiveness and transportability of educational programs; Development of a bank of local programs by Project Validated Activities for Learners Use in Education; Areas of high...
- CIMS--The Curriculum Drives the Program. Hayford, Paul D. // Educational Leadership;Dec86/Jan87, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p58
Focuses on the Comprehensive Instructional Management System (CIMS), a partnership between the State of New York and local school districts designed to develop and improve instructional programs. Key to a successful instructional program; CIMS approach to curriculum development; Examples of how...
- A Penny for Your Thoughts. Naylor, Michael // Teaching Pre K-8;May2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p33
Recommends a strategy for integrating mathematics into classroom activities. Use of penny flash cards for grades K-2 students; Demonstration of the nim game to grades 3-8; Addition of penny puzzles to mathematics activity centers.
- Ed. Dept. Is Set To Release Its List Of Recommended Math Programs. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;10/06/99, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1
Reports that the United States Department of Education is set to confer its seal of approval on ten programs for teaching mathematics to students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Design of the programs on the list; Criticisms against the National Diffusion Network which helped disseminate...
- Laptops on the Range! Rideout, David // Education Canada;Spring2002, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the use of wireless laptops to improve school curriculum planning in Alberta. Response of students to the program; Training of teachers on the use of the technology; Impact of the technology on student achievement and professional development practices.
- A Curriculum of Life. Portelli, John P.; Vibert, Ann B. // Education Canada;Spring2002, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p36
Describes the concept of curriculum of life as school-based project in Canada. Involvement of students in school life and learning; Focus on the curriculum of Emily Carr Elementary School; Impact of curriculum of life on student and schools.