Acquisitions & Partnershipsï¿½
- Nokia's portable DVB-T project. // TVB Europe;Nov99, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the MediaScreen, the device that combines television, computer and global system for mobile communications technologies to provide access to the Internet within a digital signal stream. Joint venture partners of Nokia in MediaScreen; Reasons Nokia has combined television and mobile...
- WORDS-WORTH ECOSYSTEM. // Management Today;Sep2012, p15
The article discusses a telecommunications deal between technology company Nokia Corp. and computer software company Microsoft Corp. as of September 2012, focusing on Nokia chief executive officer Stephen Elop and his company's joint development of a communications ecosystem with Microsoft.
- German trio in Â£2bn map deal. McILROY, JOHN // Autocar;8/12/2015, Vol. 285 Issue 6, p18
The article reports on the joint venture of automotive giants Audi, BMW and Daimler to acquire the roads data service of communications and information technology company Nokia to enhance their in-car navigation systems.
- Freshfields out as Dorsey lands Pearson instruction. Hoare, Steve // Lawyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p5
Reports on Dorsey & Whitney PLC's contract to provide advice to Pearson on its joint venture with Edexcel in Great Britain. Scope of the law firm's work for the joint venture.
- Pearson goes back to school with CTV Media. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;3/10/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 4, p25
Reports on the Pearson CTV Media, a joint educational venture between British media conglomerate Pearson and CTV, which will be based in Beijing, China as of March 2003. Terms of the joint agreement; Aim of the joint venture; Details of the planned television series of Pearson CTV Media.
- TELLABS LAUNCHES END-TO-END NETWORK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. // Networks Update;Nov2003, pN.PAG
Reports on the end-to-end network management system launched by Tellabs Inc. designed to cut the cost of deploying 3G wireless networks in cooperation with Nokia Networks. Benefits of the integration of the two companies' network management system; Key features of the pre-integrated management...
- Investigation delays Nokia-Siemens JV. // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p25
The article reports that Nokia Corp. and Siemens AG said their network equipment joint venture will be delayed due to an ongoing investigation into irregularities at Siemens' telecom unit involved in the partnership. Under the new schedule, jointly announced by both companies, the deal is to...
- Smartphones get MHL 3.0 boost. Singh, Nandita // Voice & Data;Jun2014, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p66
The article presents information on recently announced Mobile High Definition Link (MHL 3.0) for smartphone. The MHL 3.0 boost has increased the capacity and processing power of smarphones. A consortium of companies including Nokia Corp, Sony and Toshiba KK developed and promoted the MHL...
- Motorola Joins Symbian Ranks. // Wireless Review;12/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the completion of a definite agreement of Motorola to become a member of Symbian, the joint venture between Ericsson, Nokia and Psion. Objective of the joint venture; Memorandum of understanding signed by Motorola.