Pearson Builds for Digital Future in 2010 And Beyond
- Insider named chief executive of FT publisher Pearson. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;10/22/96, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the recruitment of American Marjorie Scardino, former chief executive of the Economist Group, as the chief executive at Pearson, owner of `The Financial Times.' Background information on Scardino; Indepth look at Scardino's career including her affiliation with Savannah, Georgia, law...
- Scardino's a Dame. // Daily Variety;2/13/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 54, p8
Reports on the appointment of Marjorie Scardino, chief executive of Pearson as a peer of the British realm in Great Britain.
- New chief to trim Pearson. Koranteng, Juliana // Advertising Age International;Nov96, pI24
Reports on the appointment of Marjorie Scardino as chief executive officer (CEO) of the media giant Pearson based in the United Kingdom. Mission to streamline Pearson's diverse operations; Retirement of Frank Barlow; Comments from the financial community on her managerial skills and...
- Pearson to person call to insider CEO Scardino. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;10/21/96, Vol. 364 Issue 12, p207
Reports on British media group Pearson's appointment of Marjorie Scardino as its chief executive officer. Career background; Financial institutions' reaction to the appointment.
- Pearson's scardino eyes web. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;01/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p93
Reports on Pearson chief executive Marjorie Scardino's plan to invest on the Internet in 1999 . Company's forging of bonds including a video animation business based on characters such as Peter Rabbit and Spot which are licensed by the company's Penguin books; Pearson's acquisition of an...
- Texas gun for Pearson. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;1/20/97, Vol. 365 Issue 11, p33
Reports on Marjorie Scardino's appointment as chief executive officer of British media group Pearson. Career background; Challenges faced by Scardino in her new post; Background on Pearson's business operations.
- Pearson reports 38% adjusted operating profit increase. Alarcon, Camille // Marketing Week;7/24/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p40
The article reports that Pearson PLC has announced a rise of 38 percent in its adjusted operating profit for the first six months of 2008. It mentions that its company, Financial Times Group also had an increase of 28 percent in its operating profit. Marjorie Scardino, Pearson's chief executive,...
- Scardino remains Pearson's strong, silent type. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);8/8/2008, Issue 31, p15
The article discusses the success of Pearson PLC, an advertising agency in Great Britain, under its Arizona-born chief executive officer (CEO) Marjorie Scardino. Scardino has led Pearson to turn in half-year results well ahead of expectations. She prefers that people talked about the Pearson...
- Scardino Steps Down; Fallon to Lead Pearson. // Educational Marketer;10/8/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 20, p1
The article announces the resignation of Marjorie Scardino as chief executive of Pearson PLC whose position will be succeeded by the company's International Education division chief executive, John Fallon, effective January 1, 2013.