Budget Challenges Loom in Key Textbook Adoption States
- College, Not K-12, Sales Boost Performance In First Half Of 2004. // Educational Marketer;8/2/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p5
The article focuses on financial performance of educational publishing companies in the U.S. Midway through 2004, the seven publicly held educational publishing companies have each pulled off growth in the first half of the year. The publisher Pearson Education Inc. held on with $1.58 billion,...
- Ominibus bill rewards Department of Education overreach. // Power Line;12/18/2015, p1
The article presents the author's perspectives concerning the benefits of Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2016, which will provide a 7 percent increase in the budgets, for the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR), and to improve its educational programs in the U.S.
- Stopgap Bills Trim Some College Programs. DERVARICS, CHARLES // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;4/14/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the impact on college programs of measures included in the short-term spending bills, or stopgap bills, approved by the U.S. Congress in 2011. It addresses the role of domestic spending cutbacks and cuts in federal aid for education in reducing the budgets for programs for...
- Lean, Not Mean. // America;3/14/2011, Vol. 204 Issue 8, p5
The author reflects on the 2012 federal budget setting of the U.S. Congress. He states that the Congress must consider the unemployed Americans who are searching for work as well as the families with homes in foreclosure as they work out the federal budget. He reveals that the 3.7 trillion...
- Congress Wraps Up 2011 Budget. Klein, Alyson // Education Week;4/20/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Congress's approval of a legislative bill concerning the U.S. federal budget, focusing particularly on the implications of the budget finalization for federal aid to education in the U.S. The impact of the federal budget on education programs are discussed,...
- McGraw-Hill Building fight on to next round. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/6/95, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p6
Reports that the Commission on Chicago Landmarks has recommended landmark status for the McGraw-Hill Building at 520 North Michigan Avenue in Illinois.
- Aesthetes, Buck make peace on McGraw-Hill. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;02/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p26
Reports that the Chicago City's Council's landmarks Committee's approved an unconventional development proposal for the 16-story McGraw-Hill Building. Examination of the plan; Demolition of a part of the building by John Buck Company.
- (EDUCATION ) Obama to Increase Education Spending, Overhaul NCLB Funding. // Children & Youth Funding Report;2/5/2010, p5
The article reports on the 7.5% increase of education spending and the overhauling of the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) appropriations categories stated in the U.S. President Barack Obama's federal year (FY) 2011 budget proposal. The proposal seeks to increase the Education Department's spending...
- Obama Budget Plans Selective Boosts in Education Aid. Klein, Alyson // Education Week;2/22/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p22
The article discusses the education funding in U.S. President Barack Obama's 2013 federal budget proposal, as well as its reception in the U.S. Congress. The author comments on the budget's emphases on the prevention of teacher layoffs and federal funding programs for competitive education...