Macmillan Pushes Custom Textbooks Boundaries
- Macmillan USA Books to Be Reviewed/Certified by Linuxcare Labs. // UNIX Update;Oct99, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p6
Reports that Macmillan USA, a computer book publisher and operating system publisher, has reached an agreement with Linuxcare Labs to provide technical review and certification of its Sams and Que Linux books.
- Macmillan CEO Explains Ebook "Agency Model". Oder, Norman // Library Journal;4/1/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 6, p16
The article focuses on Macmillan chief executive officer John Sargent's comments on the company's agency model for electronic book retailers regarding availability and price.
- The Perfect Ebook. Quint, Barbara // Information Today;Apr2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
The author offers her views about the qualities of an ideal electronic-book (e-book). She asserts that the special features at the Web site of the electronic commerce company Amazon.com offer an ideal book purchasing experience. The first quality she cites is interoperability, which means that...
- New Digital Learning Devices and a Publishing War Lead the News. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Apr2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
The article offers an update on information technology as of April 2010. The interactive digital learning platform Pageburst has been launched by the company Elsevier for its health science education content. Books from publisher Macmillan have been temporarily removed from the Web site...
- Macmillan boss stares down Bezos. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;2/15/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p1
The article presents information on the dispute of New York publisher Macmillan Publishing Co. with online retailer Amazon.com Inc. over e-book pricing. John Sargent, Macmillan's chief executive officer (CEO), has presented Amazon with a new pricing structure that would take effect in March...
- Much Ado About Amazon-Macmillan's Pricing Conflict. Schiller, Kurt // Information Today;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p17
The article focuses on the conflict over the pricing models between Macmillan and Amazon.com. A statement by John Sargent, chief executive officer (CEO) of Macmillan, reveals that his company approached Amazon with the proposal for a new pricing and sales model. The proposal called for Amazon to...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 9, p4
This section offers news briefs related to the publishing industry. A 176% increase in e-books sales was posted by 12 publishers that report to the Association of American Publishers in 2009. A digital publishing platform and line of interactive textbooks will be launched by Macmillan that are...
- The Macmillan Company of Canada in the 1930s. Young, David // Journal of Canadian Studies;Fall95, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p117
Looks at the Macmillan Company of Canada, a Canadian book publishing house and problems it encountered in its Canadian publishing in the 1930s. Early history; The Americanization of Canadian education; Demand management by American publishing firms.
- Breakup of Maxwell yield $1.5 billion. Baker, John F.; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;11/15/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 46, p19
Reveals that the sale of Macmillan Publishing Company has left only one significant asset to be sold from the former Macmillan/Official Airlines Guide Group. Status of the directory service SRDS; Impact of the sale of Macmillan.