Colorado Picks Providers to Help Turn Around Schools
- Colorado Picks Providers to Help Turn Around Schools. // Educational Marketer;2/ 1/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the move of the Colorado Education Department to add education services providers to improve the performance of public schools in the state. It notes that the department has issued a list of several education services providers including non-profit organizations to choose...
- Colo. Education Agency Spreads Good News. Hurst, Marianne D. // Education Week;10/22/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p23
Hoping to spread what it sees as the good news about education in the Centennial State, the Colorado Department of Education has released a 16-page newspaper supplement on the quality of the state's public schools.
- States with the highest average freshman graduation rate. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;9/24/2012, p5
The article reports on states with the highest average freshman graduation rate for public schools for 2009-2010, which include Wisconsin, Vermont and Minnesota.
- MPS making progress with a diverse student population. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;5/12/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 41, p2
The article offers the author's insights on the graduation success rate of the Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) from 76% to 85% in six years in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Colorado Finds Links Between Arts Education and Test Scores. Fehr, Rosalind C. // Music Educators Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p23
The article focuses on a study conducted by the Colorado Department of Education and the Colorado Council on the Arts, regarding arts education offered to students in Colorado. Comparisons are made between the test scores of students who are offered music and art classes to the test scores of...
- Exemplary Teaching in Physical Education. Fertitta, Dawn // COAHPERD Journal;Spring2013, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p9
The author thanks leaders of the Colorado Department of Education for their vision of education reform that won a 17.9 million U.S. dollars grant to state over a four-year period. The author further focus on five professional practice standards from the perspective of physical education...
- Courts and schools. // Christian Science Monitor;6/20/95, Vol. 87 Issue 143, p20
Editorial. Comments on the order of federal district and appellate courts to overhaul Kansas City public schools. Problems confronting the school districts; Education offered; Finance; Impact of the courts' order.
- Instilling collaboration for inclusive schooling as a way of doing business in public schools. Villa, Richard A.; Thousand, Jacqueline S. // Remedial & Special Education;May96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p169
Presents an overview of the concepts of collaboration and inclusive schooling within the context of rapid change in public education. Rationale for collaboration and related legislation; Barriers to effective collaboration .
- Democratic Dispositions and Cultural Competency. Edgar, Eugene; Patton, James M.; Day-Vines, Norma // Remedial & Special Education;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p231
The current school reform movement of high-stakes testing is misguided. Rather than add to the deconstruction of standards-based reform, the authors propose two ideas for what should permeate the work in U.S. public schools. They advocate that democratic dispositions and cultural competency be...