Colorado Picks Providers to Help Turn Around Schools
- Colorado Picks Providers to Help Turn Around Schools. // Educational Marketer;2/15/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the move of the Colorado Education Department to select education services providers as part of its education reforms to improve the performance of public schools in the state. It notes that the department has issued a list of several education services providers to choose...
- Colo. Education Agency Spreads Good News. Hurst, Marianne D. // Education Week;10/22/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p23
Hoping to spread what it sees as the good news about education in the Centennial State, the Colorado Department of Education has released a 16-page newspaper supplement on the quality of the state's public schools.
- Colorado Finds Links Between Arts Education and Test Scores. Fehr, Rosalind C. // Music Educators Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p23
The article focuses on a study conducted by the Colorado Department of Education and the Colorado Council on the Arts, regarding arts education offered to students in Colorado. Comparisons are made between the test scores of students who are offered music and art classes to the test scores of...
- Exemplary Teaching in Physical Education. Fertitta, Dawn // COAHPERD Journal;Spring2013, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p9
The author thanks leaders of the Colorado Department of Education for their vision of education reform that won a 17.9 million U.S. dollars grant to state over a four-year period. The author further focus on five professional practice standards from the perspective of physical education...
- Courts and schools. // Christian Science Monitor;6/20/95, Vol. 87 Issue 143, p20
Editorial. Comments on the order of federal district and appellate courts to overhaul Kansas City public schools. Problems confronting the school districts; Education offered; Finance; Impact of the courts' order.
- Instilling collaboration for inclusive schooling as a way of doing business in public schools. Villa, Richard A.; Thousand, Jacqueline S. // Remedial & Special Education;May96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p169
Presents an overview of the concepts of collaboration and inclusive schooling within the context of rapid change in public education. Rationale for collaboration and related legislation; Barriers to effective collaboration .
- Democratic Dispositions and Cultural Competency. Edgar, Eugene; Patton, James M.; Day-Vines, Norma // Remedial & Special Education;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p231
The current school reform movement of high-stakes testing is misguided. Rather than add to the deconstruction of standards-based reform, the authors propose two ideas for what should permeate the work in U.S. public schools. They advocate that democratic dispositions and cultural competency be...
- Conferees seek to overcome barriers to standards reform. Diegmueller, Karen; Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;5/29/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p6
Reports on the May 1996 conference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin organized by the State Education Improvement Partnership which discussed how to elevate academic standards in public education. Discussion on barriers to standards-based reform; Improvement in the quality of teachers and training;...
- Paideia Movement Stresses Classics, Meaningful Discussions. // Gifted Child Today Magazine;May/Jun97, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p8
Examines the application of Paideia approach in several public schools in the United States. Emphasis on great literature, art and music of Western culture in Paideia schools; Definition of Paideia; Functionality of the approach as a way to democratize schooling; System used by the Paideia...