Weekly Reader Publishing Exits School Library Market
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;3/16/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 11, p4
This section presents an update on the publishing industry. Bookstores reported $2.28 billion sales in January 2009. Great Britain-based publisher and packager Quarto Group claimed that its total revenue for 2008 increased by 13 percent. Reader's Digest's Weekly Reader Publishing Group plans to...
- WRC Merges Gareth Stevens, Weekly Reader. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;1/29/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 5, p8
This article reports that the operations of Gareth Stevens, an educational publisher of books and supplemental materials for the library and school markets, will be consolidated with Weekly Reader in Stamford, Connecticut. Gareth Stevens and Weekly Reader are both owned by WRC Media, which in...
- Weekly Reader Extends Periodical Brand To Supplementary Materials. // Educational Marketer;4/18/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the expansion of the brand line of Weekly Reader Corp., a provider of classroom magazines in Stamford, Connecticut. Launch of a new Spanish/English version of its classroom magazine; Introduction of new four-color workbooks; Development of new formative assessments tests.
- McGraw-Hill Education Revenue Up 1.5% in Q1. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the 1.5% increase in New York-based McGraw-Hill Education's revenue in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2010. It states that the increase is driven by the strength of sales in the company's Higher Education, Professional and International segment. It reveals the company's...
- School Specialty Taps New Sales Opportunities. // Educational Marketer;5/10/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the aim of School Specialty Inc. to increase its sales opportunities in the U.S. It states that the company's SPARK Early Childhood program was added to the preferred provider list created by the Head Start Body Start National Center for Physical Development and Outdoor...
- Weeky Reader Web Site Is Redesigned. // Educational Marketer;10/14/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p8
Reports on Stamford, Connecticut-based Weekly Reader's launch of a redesigned Web site as a companion for its K-12 publication 'Weekly Reader.'
- Weekly Reader Unveils Expanded Web Site. // Electronic Education Report;10/11/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p5
Reports on Weekly Reader's launch of a redesigned web site.
- Winners named in writing contest. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the Letters About Literature contest, sponsored by the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress and Weekly Reader Corporation. Competition levels of the contest; Winners in each level.
- Online Publishing Turns Students, Teachers into Authors. // T H E Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the offer for aspiring writers to publish their work through Weekly Reader Press, a Web-based publishing site from Weekly Reader Corp. and iUniverse in the United States. Presentation of strategy in publishing; Separate publishing category for teachers; Benefits for students and...