California Budget Squeezes Textbook Adoption
- Four Weeks Late, California Finally Has New Budget Deal. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p3
Reports that California legislators and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger have announced a budget deal. Provisions of the fiscal 2005 budget legislation; Background on the delay in the passage of the budget; Causes of the delay.
- Viewpoint. Crane, David // Orange County Business Journal;1/21/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p55
The author reflects on the significance of the proposed budget stabilization act of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. It notes that the act will ensure the availability of adequate funding to compensate for years of below-average growth. It addition, the author mentions how the...
- Arnold Wins Big on California Budget Propositions. Gizzi, John // Human Events;3/8/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p7
Provides information on California voters' approval of the budget propositions of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2004. Details on the budget propositions of Schwarzenegger; Efforts of Schwarzenegger in proposing the bond measure; Legislative agreement on the budget proposition.
- Governor's 'girlie men' comment draws fire. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;7/22/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p1
Reports on criticisms against California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger when he referred to state Democratic legislators as "girlie men" and accused them of delaying the passage of the state budget bill. Previous occasion when Schwarzenegger used the phrase; Reactions of pro-gay and pro-women...
- California Governor Plans 'Fiscal Emergency' Declaration. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32776, p3
The article reports on the plan of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to declare a fiscal emergency in January 2008. According to the estimation of state officials, structural budget deficit for fiscal 2009, which starts July 1, will be up to $14 billion if no changes are made to state...
- Governor's budget holds few surprises. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/21/2004, Issue 323246, p1
Reports on key controversies over the budget proposals in California under the administration of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Appropriations for education and local public safety programs; Taxation policy; Industrial policies; Imbalance between revenue and spending; Indications of local...
- Local college opportunities. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/21/2004, Issue 323246, p24
Editorial. Comments on the educational policy stipulated under the proposed state budget by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Higher education agreement; Financial assistance for families in San Joaquin Valley and other regions; College attendance issues; Education laws.
- Maybe This Guy Can Govern. Ressner, Jeffrey; Steptoe, Sonja // Time;12/22/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 25, p18
Focuses on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's first month in office. Repeal of an unpopular car tax law; Schwarzenegger's compromise plan with lawmakers to help balance the budget; Reactions of politicians; Comments of Oakland Mayor and former Governor Jerry Brown.
- Schwarzenegger Releases Budget Proposal Early. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33033, p5
The article reports on the early release of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger of the 2009 budget for California. With the standstill in continuing over proposals to balance the state's budget, Schwarzenegger released the proposed budget two weeks early. According to finance director Mike Genest, they...