Flat World Knowledge Builds Bookbag of Digital Titles
- Flat World Knowledge Raises Funds, Increases Staff. // Educational Marketer;11/10/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p5
The article reports on the fund raising and staff expansion of open source college textbook publisher Flat World Knowledge Inc.
- How Flat World Knowledge is Transforming College Textbook Publishing. Shelstad, Jeff // Publishing Research Quarterly;Sep2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p254
An inside look at the disruptive business model and online publishing platform of Flat World Knowledge, a fast-growing publisher of college textbooks that are openly-licensed and available free online and in affordable print and digital formats.
- Is the End Near For Textbooks? // BizEd;May/Jun2012, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p72
The article focuses on the initiatives to produce low-cost or free digital textbooks. It states that Connexions, an open education platform based at Rice University in Houston, Texas plans to construct a free-online publisher-quality textbooks library for five of the most attended college...
- Flat World Advances Free Textbook Model. // Educational Marketer;7/19/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p1
The article discusses the move of publisher Flat World Knowledge Inc. (FWK) to transfer into bigger offices and to add 34 employees after launching its free open online textbook business for the higher education market in the U.S. FWK president and co-founder Eric Frank mentions the potential...
- A textbook case of innovation. Gouveia, Georgette // Westchester County Business Journal;6/21/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 25, p2
The article reports that a novel approach to publishing is taken by Flat World Knowledge Inc. in Irvington, New York.
- TRY A FOCUSED APPROACH TO GROWTH. // E-Scan Newsletter;Aug2010, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on a strategy for firms that are struggling to grow their business profitably in the U.S. Business leaders continue to quest for growth in business and tried to expand their existing brands and product lines which can be achieved through setting the strategy, focusing on the...
- State pension fund is key investor in Rockland online textbook company. Miller, Chris // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/26/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p26
The article reports on the factors that contribute to the growth of Flat World Knowledge Inc., a low-cost provider of alternatives to traditional high-priced college textbooks, located in Rockland County, New York. It states that the infusion of capital through the Infinity Private Equity...
- CareCredit Continues Its Expansion in Vision Care. Axelrad, Marge // Vision Monday;3/5/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the continued growth of CareCredit in the U.S. health care market as it celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2012. The total number of practices that accept the CareCredit health care credit card across the country is 150,000. For 2012, the company plans to adopt a more...
- On the road. // Smart Business Indianapolis;Jul2009, Vol. 6 Issue 8, ps14
The article profiles president Daniel Arnold of Road Ranger LLC who is one of the winners of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Midwest Area 2009 in the U.S. Arnold went through stiff competition and put all of his resources at risk to obtain market share. It is claimed that he is...