Financial Briefs ï¿½
- Private schools fill an educational niche. King, Pat // Las Vegas Business Press;01/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on the private schools run by Nobel Learning Communities in Las Vegas, Nevada. Six private schools run by Nobel; Corporate revenues and profit; Educational strategy; Alternative lessons taught to students.
- Schools to build ties with China. Coeyman, Marjorie // Christian Science Monitor;3/20/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 79, p15
Discusses the plans of Nobel Learning Communities to create Internet connections between some of its schools and a group of private schools in China.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;5/23/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the definitive agreement that Nobel Learning Communities Inc. will be sold to private equity firm Leeds Equity Partners worth 146 million dollars in the U.S.
- A Tale of Two Education Stocks. Spencer, Theodore // Fortune;1/22/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 2, p144
Focuses on for-profit education stocks in 2001. Share prices of Edison Schools and Nobel Learning Communities; Basic business model of such companies; Interest in them, which is fueled by increasing frustration among parents toward public schools; Edison, which is not expected to be profitable...
- Nobel learns the hard way: ADA violations are costly. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Mar2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p5
The article reports that the profit-education company Nobel Learning Centers (NLC) will pay 215,000 dollars to disabled children who were allegedly excluded from the company's program in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania which violated the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Nobel learns the hard way: ADA violations are costly. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Mar2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the move of Nobel Learning Communities Inc. (NLC), for-profit education company that operates in 15 states in the U.S., of agreeing to settle charges for violating the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) after it excluded disabled children from its educational programs.
- The ABCs of PROFIT. Welles, Edward O. // Inc.;Dec2000, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p88
Features for-profit and charter schools operator Nobel Learning Communities Inc. and its chairman, Jack Clegg. Professional background of Clegg; Financial results of the company as of July 2000; Services offered; Occupancy rate of the schools managed by the company. INSETS: The vision...
- Acquisitions & Partnerships ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/31/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the acquisition made by private elementary and middle school operator Nobel Learning Communities to preschool operator Enchanted Care Learning Center Inc. in the U.S.
- Acquisitions & Partnerships ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;9/28/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p7
The article offers news briefs related to mergers in the educational publishing industry in the U.S. including the acquisition of Laurel Springs School by Nobel Learning Communities Inc., the partnership between Green Comma and Navta Associates and the agreement to sell Schulerhilfe to Educate Inc.