EM's Top Higher Education Stories of 2008
- 2012 Was Tough Year to Scratch out Operating Profit. // Educational Marketer;4/8/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p1
The article provides information on performances of 10 publishing companies including John Wiley & Sons Inc., company Houghten Mifflin Harcourt, and company McGraw-Hill Education and uncertainty faced by the publishing industry market in the year 2012. It mentions combined revenue of 10.3...
- Versaware to Deliver Digital Textbooks, Announces Survey Results. // Information Today;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on electronic publishing services company Versaware Inc. Expansion of its relationship with John Wiley & Sons Inc. Higher Education Publishing, to deliver online electronic book versions of their most popular textbooks; Results of a survey by Versaware of college students on their...
- Textbooks Moving Into Cyberspace. Cech, Scott J. // Education Week;7/30/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p6
The article focuses on the plans of Flat World Knowledge to sell open textbooks, or online textbooks, to 24 colleges around the U.S., that college students will be able to read online for free. Eric S. Frank, one of the company's founders, says they will offer eight texts on business and...
- EM's Top Higher Education Stories of 2012. // Educational Marketer;1/28/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p5
The article offers information on various events related to higher education featured in "Educational Marketer" in 2012. It states that Pearson PLC has acquired EmbanetCompass for $650 million. It mentions that Stamford, Connecticut-based Cengage Learning Inc. has established a plan to retrieve...
- John Wiley & Sons Moves Forward with E-Text in Economics via New Deal with Aplia. // Educational Marketer;3/8/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p1
Reports on John Wiley & Sons Inc. (Hoboken, New Jersey) moving forward in e-textbook market by trying to make a new deal with Aplia (San Carlos, California).
- Compound identification. // LC-GC Europe;Jun2012, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p335
The article offers brief information on the electronic book "Wiley Registry 9th Edition/NIST 2011 Mass Spectral Library" from John Wiley and Sons Inc.
- High Stakes in the Etextbook Market. Hane, Paula J. // Database Trends & Applications;Jun2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p10
The article offers several information related to digital higher education textbook in the U.S. in 2012. Kno Inc. has filed suit against Cengage Learning Inc., a publishing company, for breach of contract. Cengage Learning, Macmillan Higher Education and Pearson Education Inc. filed a joint...
- McGraw-Hill Launches Adaptive SmartBook. // Educational Marketer;1/14/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p1
The article offers brief information on the SmartBook adaptive electronic book from McGraw-Hill Education .
- Wiley Higher Ed Revenue Jumps 18% in Fiscal 2010. // Educational Marketer;7/ 5/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the growth of revenue in the Higher Education division at John Wiley & Sons in Hoboken, New Jersey by 18.1% in fiscal 2010. The continued enrollment in the college market as well as a strong front list and growth in digital sales have contributed to the year-over-year...