Economy to Keep Market Challenging for Publishers
- School Specialty Q3 Falls as Schools Freeze Spending. // Educational Marketer;3/ 2/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the decrease in revenue of Greenville, Wisconsin-based K-12 supplemental publisher and distributor School Specialty Inc. in the U.S. in the company's fiscal third quarter and first nine months which ended January 24, 2009. It states that the company's revenue decreased...
- Colleges not stimulated to share federal funds. GOLDSTEIN, SCOTT // njbiz;3/16/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p19
The article reports that the stimulus package will have minimal benefits to universities and colleges in New Jersey. Universities and colleges will have to share the proposed $1.1 billion in funds with lower-level schools. College presidents initially lobbied for $45 billion in funds. Part of...
- Stimulus Money Slow To Reach Colleges. GALUSZKA, PETER // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;10/1/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p7
The article discusses the slow initial distribution of education funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), noting that in October 2009 only 14 percent of the funds have been distributed. Funding has focused on financial aid and tax credits rather than building projects. The...
- Can Students Catch a Break? Duggan, Michael; Mathews, Rebecca; O'Connor, Maria // Journal of College Admission;Spring2014, Issue 223, p6
Officially the Great Recession lasted from December 2008 to June 2009 and its aftershocks continue to be felt. The economic downturn placed many strains on university finances. While state funding for higher education was buoyed during the downturn by the American Recovery and Reassessment Act...
- TAX PAYERS. Smith, LaToya M. // Black Enterprise;Jun2009, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p78
The article explains the impact of U.S. President Barack Obama's American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 on tax payers. It points out that the main economic agenda of the president is to establish a fair and balanced tax code that would clot taxes for 95% of working families. His tax plan...
- Opportunities for Publishers In Stimulus Package. // Educational Marketer;3/ 2/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) on educational publishers in the U.S. It states that ARRA provides serves as a guideline for publishers and providers of instructional software, tools and services and for the improvement of education in...
- Stimulus Funds Save 250,000 Jobs Nationwide, Says White House. // NSTA Express;11/2/2009, p1
The article reports that the U.S. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 has saved 250,000 jobs across the country including educators in school districts and universities.
- Tracking the stimulus. Prow, Chuck // Hill;9/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 98, p25
In this article the author discusses the stimulus funding worth 787 billion dollars that will be dispersed in the U.S. by the end of 2010 .
- opinion: JUAN WILLIAMS. Williams, Juan // Hill;2/27/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p19
The author discusses the ramifications of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in 2012 in the U.S.