Florida Approves Language Arts Programs; Purchasing Remains Uncertain
- School districts struggle with funding woes. DONOVAN, BILL // Navajo Times;5/31/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 22, pA-1
The article reports on the adjustments made by school districts in Window Rock, Arizona on their spending practices to address their financial status that was affected by the cutbacks in federal program funds.
- Schools face more budget cuts. Rushin, Cherry // Graham Leader;6/24/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 90, p1A
The article informs that the Graham Independent School District (ISD) in Young County, Texas faces potential budget cuts n the light of the tough economic conditions in the U.S.
- MISD has room under tax cap. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);3/18/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p1A
The article reports on the revenue options of the Malakoff Independent School Districts (MISD) such as cutting its budget, as well as increasing its Maintenance and Operation (M&O) tax rate by eight cents as a preparation for the Texas state budget cuts.
- Education funding cuts likely. Biundo, Jennifer // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/19/2011, Vol. 107 Issue 41, p1A
The article reports on the budget cuts faced by school districts due to the biennial deficit of the state government in Texas.
- School taxes holding steady. RUSHIN, CHERRY // Graham Leader;8/21/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p1A
The article reports that the proposed tax rate of the Graham Independent School District (ISD) in Young County, Texas remains firm despite of budget cuts and fall in property values. It mentions that school districts throughout the state experienced funding cuts of 4 billion dollars which...
- Drastic impact aid cuts force WRUSD school closures. LEE BITSOI, ALASTAIR // Navajo Times;3/14/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 11, pA-1
The article reports that school closures and job cuts are some of the effects of reduced funding received by the Window Rock School District, which has been seeing a steady decline in federal funds received since 2009.
- Siboney Attributes Sales Decline to Market Conditions. // Electronic Education Report;12/1/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p4
The article discusses the decline in the revenue of Siboney Corp. in 2008 due to the U.S. school system budget cuts during the period of economic slowdown. It states that revenue declined by 16.2% to 1.2 million dollars in the third quarter and by 10.1% to 4.1 million dollar in the first nine...
- State K-12 Funding Will Be Tight in Next Budget Cycle. // Electronic Education Report;1/24/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the budget for the education sector in Texas and California. It says that in Texas faces a budget shortfall projected to be between 15 and 27 billion dollar over the coming two-year cycle and added that the nation has already created an early draft of a fiscal 2012-2013...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Davis, Richard; Nosek, Elayne // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/22/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, pP22
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the closure of the Yucca Mountain Project and another on Governor Jim Gibbon's proposal to cut back on the budget for school districts.