McGraw-Hill Education Bears 215 More Job Cuts
- McGraw scion elevated. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;8/2/93, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p26
Reports on the appointment of Harold McGraw as president and chief operating officer of the McGraw-Hill Inc. Predecessor.
- Re-education plan. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;12/14/98, Vol. 14 Issue 50, p1
Focuses on the contributions of Harold McGraw III to the McGraw-Hill Cos. Focus of Harold on cost-cutting and business growth; Stock price gains; Career history of Harold.
- McGraw-Hill Cuts 149 Jobs In Education, Mostly at CTB. // Educational Marketer;5/26/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p1
The article on the layoff of publishing company McGraw-Hill Cos. to lower costs and focus improve its investments in the U.S. Harold McGraw III, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the said company, has stated that the job cuts which occurred in financial services and education...
- Harold W. McGraw, Jr.: A CEO With a Training Mission. Galagan, Patricia A. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1990, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p36
Interviews former McGraw-Hill Co. chief executive Harold McGraw about his mission to make corporate America aware of the illiteracy problem in the United States and do something about it. McGraw's establishment of the Business Council for Effective Literacy in 1983; Signs that companies are...
- Layoffs at McGraw. // Crain's New York Business;12/23/96, Vol. 12 Issue 52, p22
Reports that McGraw-Hill Companies planned to make 340 workers redundant, after the purchase of a Time Mirror Company unit in October 1996. Distribution of the lay-offs.
- McGraw-Hill Realigns Higher Educ. Unit; Names 3 New Executives. // Educational Marketer;08/14/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the realigning of McGraw-Hill's Higher Education Unit, which created three executive positions for each three operating segments.
- McGraw-Hill Upbeat on 2008; Industry K-12 Sales Slip in January. // Educational Marketer;3/31/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of publishing company McGraw-Hill Cos. in New York City. Harold McGraw III, company chairman, president, and chief executive officer (CEO), has projected increases in sales of the company by 4 to 5 percent. The CEO also stresses his concern that...
- McGraw-Hill Foresees Lower PreK-12 Growth. // Educational Marketer;9/29/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p1
The article discusses the business growth projection of corporate chairman Harold McGraw III of McGraw-Hill Cos. for the PreK-12 textbook industry. Accordingly, McGraw believes that the PreK-12 market will experience a downward growth of four to five percent for the rest of 2008. He attributes...
- PreK-12 Market Feels Economic Pinch. // Educational Marketer;10/13/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p1
The article presents the August 2008 net sales report for the PreK-12 basal textbooks and supplements from the Association of American Publishers. Accordingly, chairman Harold McGraw III of the McGraw-Hill Cos. has disclosed that net sales decline in almost every segment of educational books. It...