Pearson Buy Exemplifies Int'l. Growth Strategy
- Pearson Acquires Fronter for International Growth. // Electronic Education Report;1/12/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the acquisition of Fronter online learning system provider by Pearson as the latter moves for the international expansion of its eCollege business primarily in the school industry of Great Britain.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;9/2/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p7
Provides updates on issues related to acquisitions and partnerships in the U.S. Partnerships of eCollege with XanEdu to provide class management software for higher education; Marketing of science activity kits by Delta Education through Powerpuff Girls Club; Team up of Thomson Custom...
- eCollege Acquisition Completed. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p7
The article reports developments about the acquisition activities of Pearson Education Inc. in the U.S. Accordingly, the company completed its acquisition of eCollege.com Inc. which costs $477 million. On the other hand, the company is awaiting the completion of its acquisition of Harcourt...
- As Part of New Growth Strategy, eCollege Plans New Products, Services Through Acquisition of Datamark. // Educational Marketer;9/22/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p1
Reports that Denver, Colorado-based teaching platform provider eCollege Co. has agreed to acquire Salt Lake City, Utah-based enrollment marketing firm Datamark Inc. Effect of the acquisition on eCollege's revenue; Transformation of eCollege into a supplier of a broad array of value-added...
- eCollege Raises Guidance for 2004 Following Datamark Acquisition. // Educational Marketer;1/26/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p6
Provides an outlook on the 2004 financial performance of eCollege, a higher-education electronic-learning solutions provider in Denver, Colorado. Benefits of the company's acquisition of enrollment-marketing firm, Datamark and expansion of its business model to the its financial performance;...
- Around the State: North. // njbiz;5/21/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p31
The article offers news briefs in northern part of New Jersey. Pearson agreed to acquire eCollege to move forward with the company's goals of building its digital and international education business. Henry Bros. Electronics withdrew its previously issued earnings guidance for 2007 due to...
- Pearson Invests Online, Acquires eCollege. // Educational Marketer;5/28/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p1
The article reports that educational publishing company Pearson Education Inc. has agreed to acquire the electronic learning division of eCollege.com Inc. for $477 million in the third quarter of 2007. Pearson hopes the acquisition will enable both companies to offer a broad range of services to...
- MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS: Pearson Acquires Global English. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;Aug2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p19
The article reports on the acquisition of GlobalEnglish Corp., provider of Cloud-based business English learning, assessment, and performance support software, by Pearson PLC for 90 million dollars in cash.
- Today's Transactions: PE-backed Test Company Sold to Pearson. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/21/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p14
The article reports on the decision of Pearson plc, an education and media company, to buy Certiport Inc. for 140 million dollars in cash.