Have Youth Sports Become Too Intense?
- Are Sports Ruining Your Life? // Scholastic Scope;2/14/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p20
The article offers information on a debate about elite sports and its advantages and disadvantages to athletes in the U.S.
- Why Is Sports-Injury Prevention Not Progressing? Finch, Caroline // International SportMed Journal;2001, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Editorial. Comments on the progress in the development of sports medicine. Approach to preventing sports injuries; Ways to improve sports safety.
- A Healing Head. Aschwanden, Christie; Sabin, Brian D. // Runner's World;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p43
No abstract available.
- Sports medicine: Just as important for the `weekend warrior' as it is to the serious competitor. Trainer, Thomas F.; Gunter, Brad // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/25/95 Supplement, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p8
Focuses on the importance of sports medicine for athletes at every level. Common athletic injuries; Treatment and rehabilitation; Prevention of future injuries.
- Injured? -- Think Correction and Prevention. Goldflies, Mitch // Running & FitNews;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p6
Presents suggestions with regard to evaluating sports-related injuries.
- Epidemiology of Sport Related Injuries for Athletes With Disability. Ferrara, Michael S.; Buckley, W.E.; Peterson, Connie L. // Athletic Therapy Today;Jan1997, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the epidemiology of sport related injuries for athletes with disabilities. Exceptions to the patterns of injuries in disabled and nondisabled athletes; Description of injuries and conditions in specific disabilities; Management of athletic therapists in sport health care needs.
- Come back stronger, faster, fitter. Campbell, Fraizer // Four Four Two;Aug2012, Issue 218, p93
The article presents questions and answers related to physical recovery in football, including ways of remaining positive after being sidelined by a long-term injury and training adjustments that can help older players recover faster physically after a grueling training.
- Increased exposure to sports resulting in increased injuries. Boehm, Chris // Free Press (Buda, TX);7/4/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 13, p8A
The article provides insights into sports injuries.
- Sports injuries are badly managed in Britain. Smith, S.J. Louise // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/15/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7045, p1499
Focuses on the British Medical Association's (BMA) report entitled `Sport and Exercise Medicine: Policy and Provision,' on inadequacies in sports medicine in Great Britain. Call for the establishment of a faculty of sports medicine; Athletes' need of better education on how to avoid injuries;...