Have Youth Sports Become Too Intense?
- Are Sports Ruining Your Life? // Scholastic Scope;2/14/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p20
The article offers information on a debate about elite sports and its advantages and disadvantages to athletes in the U.S.
- Why Is Sports-Injury Prevention Not Progressing? Finch, Caroline // International SportMed Journal;2001, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Editorial. Comments on the progress in the development of sports medicine. Approach to preventing sports injuries; Ways to improve sports safety.
- Sports medicine: Just as important for the `weekend warrior' as it is to the serious competitor. Trainer, Thomas F.; Gunter, Brad // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/25/95 Supplement, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p8
Focuses on the importance of sports medicine for athletes at every level. Common athletic injuries; Treatment and rehabilitation; Prevention of future injuries.
- Injured? -- Think Correction and Prevention. Goldflies, Mitch // Running & FitNews;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p6
Presents suggestions with regard to evaluating sports-related injuries.
- Come back stronger, faster, fitter. Campbell, Fraizer // Four Four Two;Aug2012, Issue 218, p93
The article presents questions and answers related to physical recovery in football, including ways of remaining positive after being sidelined by a long-term injury and training adjustments that can help older players recover faster physically after a grueling training.
- Increased exposure to sports resulting in increased injuries. Boehm, Chris // Free Press (Buda, TX);7/4/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 13, p8A
The article provides insights into sports injuries.
- TRUE OR FALSE. // South African Journal of Sports Medicine;Oct2014, Vol. 26 Issue 3, following p67
A quiz concerning sports medicine is presented.
- Pearls. Sallis, Robert E. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Aug98, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p21
Offers the advice of sports medicine professionals concerning the treatment of various spoorts related ailments and injuries. Description of the treatment which should be issued for plantar and palmar warts; How to treat an injury to an extremity within an office setting; Details on how to...
- Epidemiology of Sport Related Injuries for Athletes With Disability. Ferrara, Michael S.; Buckley, W.E.; Peterson, Connie L. // Athletic Therapy Today;Jan1997, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the epidemiology of sport related injuries for athletes with disabilities. Exceptions to the patterns of injuries in disabled and nondisabled athletes; Description of injuries and conditions in specific disabilities; Management of athletic therapists in sport health care needs.