Have Youth Sports Become Too Intense?
- Are Sports Ruining Your Life? // Scholastic Scope;2/14/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p20
The article offers information on a debate about elite sports and its advantages and disadvantages to athletes in the U.S.
- Why Is Sports-Injury Prevention Not Progressing? Finch, Caroline // International SportMed Journal;2001, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Editorial. Comments on the progress in the development of sports medicine. Approach to preventing sports injuries; Ways to improve sports safety.
- Second-Impact Syndrome. Lampe, John B.; Bodensteiner, John B. // Clinical Pediatrics;Sep1998, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p577
Details findings of a study about the occurrence of delayed brain swelling following repeated concussive head injury or second-impact syndrome (SIS) in sports. Requirements for cases to be considered as definite SIS; Reliability of teammate recall of head injury; Overdiagnosis of SIS in the...
- Sports medicine: Just as important for the `weekend warrior' as it is to the serious competitor. Trainer, Thomas F.; Gunter, Brad // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/25/95 Supplement, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p8
Focuses on the importance of sports medicine for athletes at every level. Common athletic injuries; Treatment and rehabilitation; Prevention of future injuries.
- Injured? -- Think Correction and Prevention. Goldflies, Mitch // Running & FitNews;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p6
Presents suggestions with regard to evaluating sports-related injuries.
- Increased exposure to sports resulting in increased injuries. Boehm, Chris // Free Press (Buda, TX);7/4/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 13, p8A
The article provides insights into sports injuries.
- Sports injuries are badly managed in Britain. Smith, S.J. Louise // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/15/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7045, p1499
Focuses on the British Medical Association's (BMA) report entitled `Sport and Exercise Medicine: Policy and Provision,' on inadequacies in sports medicine in Great Britain. Call for the establishment of a faculty of sports medicine; Athletes' need of better education on how to avoid injuries;...
- TRUE OR FALSE. // South African Journal of Sports Medicine;Oct2014, Vol. 26 Issue 3, following p67
A quiz concerning sports medicine is presented.
- Pearls. Sallis, Robert E. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Aug98, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p21
Offers the advice of sports medicine professionals concerning the treatment of various spoorts related ailments and injuries. Description of the treatment which should be issued for plantar and palmar warts; How to treat an injury to an extremity within an office setting; Details on how to...