Brachiocephalic Jump Graft Fistula Successful in Dialysis
- Angioplasty and Ligation of Accessory Veins Salvage AV Fistulas. // Kidney;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p253
Investigates the technique for salvaging arteriovenous fistulas (AVL) for dialysis access that fail to mature. Causes of the failure of development of ligation of accessory veins; Validation of angioplasty and AVL as therapy for salvaging AVF with dialysis access failed.
- The arteriovenous fistula for hemodialysis access: Gold standard or archaic relic? Leapman, Stephen B.; Boyle, Michael // American Surgeon;Aug96, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p652
Evaluates the patency rates of arteriovenous fistulae for hemodialysis access in patients with end stage renal disease. Five year retrospective review of patient records; Calculation using the Kaplan-Meier Actuarial Analysis; Preoperative evaluation; Operative technique; Statistical evaluations.
- Complications of vascular access devices used for repeated haemodialysis. // British Medical Journal;11/26/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6099, p1373
Examines the complications of using vascular access devices for repeated hemodialysis. Implications of arteriovenous fistula for hemodialysis blood circulation; Factors attributing to complications from hemodialysis; List of complications attributed to repeated hemodialysis.
- Predictors of adequacy of arteriovenous fistulas in hemodialysis patients. Miller, Paul E.; Tolwani, Ashita; Luscy, C. Peter; Deierhoi, Mark H.; Bailey, Robert; Redden, David T.; Allon, Michael // Kidney International;Jul1999, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p275
Predictors of adequacy of arteriovenous fistulas in hemodialysis patients. Background.Dialysis access procedures and complications represent a major cause of morbidity, hospitalization, and cost for chronic dialysis patients. To improve the outcomes of hemodialysis access procedures, recent...
- Arteriovenous fistula adequacy. Hirsch, David J.; Jindal, Kailash K. // Kidney International;Jan2000, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p347
Comments on the conclusion of the paper 'Predictors of adequacy of arteriovenous fistulas in hemodialysis patients. Problems associated with the conclusion; Failure of the authors of the published paper to address the possibility of salvaging fistulae; Erroneous definition of arteriovenous fistula.
- A Radial Steal Syndrome with Arteriovenous Fistula for Hemodialysis. Bussell, J.A.; Abbott, J.A.; Lim, R.C. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep71, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p387
Presents a study which described a radial steal syndrome with arteriovenous fistula for hemodialysis. Method of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Increasing arteriovenous fistulas in hemodialysis patients: Problems and solutions. Allon, Michael; Robbin, Michelle L. // Kidney International;Oct2002, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p1109
Increasing arteriovenous fistulas in hemodialysis patients: Problems and solutions. National guidelines promote increasing the prevalence of fistula use among hemodialysis patients. The prevalence of fistulas among hemodialysis patients reflects both national, regional, and local practice...
- Implementation of a vascular access quality programme improves vascular access care. M. van Loon; W. van der Mark; N. Beukers; C. de Bruin; P. J. Blankestijn; R. M. Huisman; J. J. Zijlstra; F. M. van der Sande; J. H. M. Tordoir // Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation;May2007, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p1628
Introduction. In the Netherlands an access quality improvement plan (QIP) was introduced by vascular access coordinators (VAC) with the aim to decrease vascular access-related complications by preemptive intervention of malfunctioning accesses. A vascular access QIP was established in 24 centres...
- Determinants of type and timing of initial permanent hemodialysis vascular access. Stehman-Breen, Catherine O.; Sherrard, Donald J.; Gillen, Daniel; Caps, Michael // Kidney International;Feb2000, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p639
Determinants of type and timing of initial permanent hemodialysis vascular access. Background. We undertook a population-based study of hemodialysis (HD) patients to determine which factors are important in predicting the type of permanent access initially placed and if a functional permanent...