AOI and Real-Time SPC for High-Mix/Low-Volume Lines
- Analysis, characterization and accuracy improvement of optical coordinate measurement systems for car body assembly quality control. Aguilar, J. J.; Sanz, M.; Guillomía, D.; Lope, M.; Bueno, I. // International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology;Nov2006, Vol. 30 Issue 11/12, p1174
Many car manufacturers are installing in-line car body measurement systems in order to achieve dimensional quality control of the whole production. The geometrical tolerances required by this product are narrowing increasingly; consequently, it is necessary to design these systems to calculate...
- The Economics of AOI and AXI for EMS Providers. Charette, Colin // Circuits Assembly;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the standard test methods employed in electronics manufacturing services industry. Significant benefits of using automated optical inspection method in different stages of printed circuit board assembly process; Economical benefits in using automated x-ray inspection method.
- An automatic optical inspection of drill point defects for micro-drilling. Huang, C. K.; Liao, C. W.; Huang, A. P.; Tarng, Y. S. // International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 37 Issue 11/12, p1133
This study develops an automated visual inspection system for detecting and classifying defects in a micro-drill with 0.35 mm diameter using image processing techniques. The orientation of the micro-drill is first determined through image projection. Next, the digital image captured by the CCD...
- CR Tech Emerges from the Ashes as YESTech. Chappell, Jeff // Electronic News;4/7/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 14, pN.PAG
Provides information on the official launch of YESTech Inc. at the 2003 APEX electronics manufacturing show. Background on the company; Details on the manual x-ray inspection tool and the automated optical inspection tool of YESTech.
- Profiling High-reliability Assembly. Hoxsey, George; Han Cho; Lopez, Martin // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p32
Discusses the benefits of automated re-flow management system in electronics manufacturing. Statistical process control charting; Real-time process information; Verification profile elimination; Zero-defect thermal processing.
- FRONTIER ELECTRONICS. // ECN: Electronic Component News;May99 Supplement, Vol. 43, p23
Features the manufacturing firm Frontier Electronics in Simi Valley, California. Implementation of Statistical Process Control and Total Quality Management; Emphasis on the development of inductive components; Recognition received from the companies RCA, Digital Equipment Corporation and Zenith.
- Yield Enhancement Solutions with AOI. Miller, Don S. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p60
Discusses the implementation of automated optical inspection (AOI) process in electronics assembly. Early detection of defect trends; Guiding philosophies for implementation of AOI; se of AOI during first article inspection.
- Effectiveness study of an automated 3D laminography x-ray inspection system in a high-volumeâ€“low-mix SMT line. Manjeshwar, Praveen Kumar; Craik, Jorge; Phadnis, Sachin; Srihari, K. // International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology;Nov2006, Vol. 30 Issue 11/12, p1191
The advent of miniature surface-mount components coupled with increasing lead counts poses tremendous challenges during the assembly of printed circuit boards (PCBs). This is especially true in an electronics manufacturing service (EMS) industry, where the focus has been to increase throughput...
- AOI in a High-Mix/Low-Volume Environment. Holzmann, Matthew // Circuits Assembly;Jun2004, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p30
With the greater flexibility and reduced time to market in the electronics manufacturing industry, the technical demands for automatic optical inspection (AOI) have fundamentally shifted for many manufacturers. Instead of 1,000 or 10,000 parts per production run, new product introduction, first...