- Epcos Sells Tantalum Capacitor Biz for $104M. // Electronic News;4/17/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 16, p70
The article reports on the completion of the sale of the tantalum capacitor business of German passives supplier Epcos to U.S. capacitor manufacturer Kemet in April 2006. The terms of agreement for the sale include the responsibility of Epcos for the sales of the products and caring for the...
- News Watch. Funk, Dale // Electrical Wholesaling;Nov2000, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p10
Reports developments related to the electronic industry in the United States as of November 2000. Details of the Internet sales of W.W. Grainger Inc.; Launch of the business-to-business Web site by GE Supply; Merger between Go Controls and SupplyWave.com.
- THE TOP-LINE ROUTE TO PREMIUM MERGER VALUES. Bekier, Matt; Shelton, Michael J. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on the role of acquirers in mergers and acquisitions industry. Focus on maintaining and capturing sales; Identification of cost savings; Recognition on the leadership of acquirers.
- ‘Brother’ offers helping hand. Begin, Sherri // Rubber & Plastics News;11/26/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p1
Reports the support of Trelleborg Automotive Americas to Dawson Manufacturing Co. sales in Benton Harbor, Michigan. Benefits of the relationship between Trelleborg and Dawson; Contribution of Trelleborg to Ford Motor Co.; Description of networked cost analysis and benchmarking system.
- This year's Top 250 listing is a reflection of the industry itself. Lucy, Jim; Tobaben, Sarah // Electrical Wholesaling;Sep2001, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p22
Presents a list of the largest acquisitions of electrical distributors from 2000- 2001. Indications on the softening of the economy; Increase in the number of consolidations; Prevalence of dominant market positions by international players.
- New owner likely to grow United Audio. Baeb, Eddie // Crain's Chicago Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p38
Reports the merger between United Audio Centers Inc. and Tweeter Home Entertainment group in Chicago, Illinois. Expansion of United Audio Center retail stores; Impact of the formed merger on the electronic retailing industry; Company profile of Tweeter Home Entertainment.
- Nematron pays $4.2M for Oakland firm. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;11/27/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p31
Reports the acquisition of A-OK Controls Engineering, a control systems design and integration company by Nematron Corp. in Michigan. Need to raise an additional capital by Nematron; Complete details of the deal contained in the Nematron quarterly financial report; Impact of the acquisition on...
- DATACOM NEWS. // CEE News;Jan2001, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p38
Reports developments related to the electronics industry in the United States as of January 2001. Acquisition of Fisk Electric Co. by Tyco Electronics Corp.; Emphasis on office rewiring by cabling firms; Implications of the Tyco acquisition of the Lucent Technologies Inc. Power Systems.
- Global moves, mergers likely to continue. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;12/4/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2094, Distribution Trends 1996 p8
Relates that no end is in sight to the globalization and consolidation of the electronics distribution industry. Expectation of more acquisitions in 1996; Agreements by industry leaders Arrow and Avnet, with companies in Hong Kong, Taiwan, New Zealand and South Africa; Comments by various...