A Few Thoughts On the Business of Fear
- The Letter-Journal of EugÃ©nie de GuÃ©rin and its Sources of Inspiration. Summers, Mary // Critical Survey;2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p28
Presents information on the letters of EugÃ©nie de GuÃ©rin. Details on her career and family background; Overview of the 'Journal d' EugÃ©nie de GuÃ©rin' published in 1862 by G.S. TrÃ©butien and Jules Barbey; Discussion on the translated versions of the journal.
- WOMEN'S DIARIES AS LIFE-SAVINGS: WHO DECIDES WHOSE LIFE IS SAVED? THE JOURNALS OF EUGENIE DE GUERIN AND ELISABETH LESEUR. Raoul, Valerie // Biography: An Interdisciplinary Quarterly;Winter2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p140
Examines the diaries of two female diarists. Eugenie de Guerin's diary; Elisabeth Leseur's diary.
- Le Parcours transatlantique du â€˜Journalâ€™ d'EugÃ©nie de GuÃ©rin: un cas de transfert culturel (1850â€“1950). Raoul, Valerie // French Studies;Oct2010, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p492
A review of the book "Le Parcours transatlantique du â€˜Journalâ€™ d'EugÃ©nie de GuÃ©rin: Un cas de transfert culturel (1850-1950)," by Mathilde Kang is presented.
- The truth behind terror. Costello, Emily // Scholastic SuperScience;Oct97, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p4
Explains several facts about fear. Fear sensation among newborn babies; Ability of dogs to smell fear; Phobias; Stage fright; Involvement in extreme sports to mimic feeling of fear. INSET: Super scientist!..
- Fighting fear. // Current Health 1;Sep90, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p13
Gives advice on fighting fear. Dealing with the source; Learning to relax.
- No fear! Why not? Moring, Mark // Campus Life;Jan1996, Vol. 54 Issue 6, Radical view p29
Reports on cases where young people experience fear. Biblical quotes on fear.
- When your sugarplum's afraid to dance. Livingston, Kathryn E. // Redbook;Dec92, Vol. 180 Issue 2, p153
Gives advice on helping a child overcome stage fright. Includes tips on practicing a stage appearance and getting ready before the show.
- 5 who conquered fear. Perlmutter, Cathy // Prevention;Jul92, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p57
Profiles five people who faced their fears and conquered their phobias. Discussion on panic by Dr. Anne Marie Albano, assistant director of the Center for Stress and Anxiety Disorders at the State University of New York at Albany. Jerilyn Ross's fear of heights; Bart Iaia's fear of animals;...
- The way we worry. Boyles, Denis // Men's Health (10544836);Dec94, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p41
Discusses common fears of normal men. Fear of dropping the ball; Fear of dancing; Fear of beautiful women; Fear of asbestos in the basement; Fear of changing the oil; Fear of dentistry; Fear of debt; Situational fears; How to pacify your fears; The seven main fears of men: failure, ridicule,...