- Hard Work Required. Thomsen, Ian // Sports Illustrated;3/22/2004, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p109
This article focuses on the impending departure of star basketball player Tracy McGrady from the Orlando Magic following the 2005 season. Orlando G.M. John Gabriel was demoted last Friday because 78-year-old owner Rich DeVos wants to spend the next four years making an all-out run at an NBA...
- Max deals rarely pay off. Deveney, Sean // Sporting News;7/19/2004, Vol. 228 Issue 29, p76
Four summers ago in Orlando, basketball team Orlando Magic owner Rich DeVos sat, smiling and with good reason. An agreement defined a max contract as 25 percent of the team's salary capitalization for players with up to six years experience, 30 percent of the capitalization for a player with...
- The 'Magic' of IT in Orlando. Berger, Robin // TV Technology;11/3/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the design and functions of Amway Center in Orlando, Florida which is also the new home of the basketball team Orlando Magic. It mentions that the multimillion dollar integrated scoring, video and advertising display system was provided by Daktronics Inc. It adds that its...
- Orlando Magic. Fay, Bill // Sporting News;11/4/96, Vol. 220 Issue 45, pS-15
Features the Orlando Magic basketball team. Team's record for the 1995-1996 season; Strengths and weaknesses; Forecasts for the 1996-1997 season.
- Magic. Fay, Bill // Sporting News;12/08/97, Vol. 221 Issue 48, p74
Presents a report on the National Basketball Association team, Orlando Magic. Team developments as of December 8, 1997; Includes poor performance of the team against the Miami Heat on November 26, 1997.
- Magic. Fay, Bill // Sporting News;12/22/97, Vol. 221 Issue 51, p83
Reports on the developments related to the National Basketball Association's Orlando Magic for the week ending December 22, 1997. Includes the reaction of team owner Rich DeVos about Penny Hardaway's vacation; Lesson learned by the team about playing without its key player.
- Orlando Magic. Fay, Bill // Sporting News;05/18/98, Vol. 222 Issue 20, p20
Discusses the status of the Orlando Magic basketball team during May 1998. Players who are free agents; Players needed by the team.
- Great leap upward. Taylor, Phil // Sports Illustrated;12/26/94-01/02/95, Vol. 81 Issue 26, p46
States that it's only natural, to think of the youthful Orlando Magic more in terms of the future than the present, as being destined to win championships later rather than sooner. How they are on top of the Atlantic Division; Their present record; How they have won convincingly.
- Road kill. Crothers, Tim // Sports Illustrated;2/19/96, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p32
Reviews how the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association have been stellar at home, but terrible away from home in the 1995-96 season. Home and away record for the Magic; Reasons for their home-court dominance; The Magic as a pampered team; Reasons for Orlando's woes on the road.