Venerable Lender, New Visibility
- Quilters Make a Difference. // Quilter's World;Oct2007, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p114
The article focuses on the story of two quilters in Malaysia who provided inspiration to other quilters in keeping up with the quality and artistry of Malaysian batiks. Mary Scott and Faridah Abdul Rahman planned their business in such a way that they work only with family-oriented businesses,...
- Building or Expanding Community Banks: A Facilities Planning Study is Key. Barrath, Paul // ABA Banking Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p77
Discusses the importance of a strategic planning study in helping community banks meet customer needs and maximize opportunities for growth. Components of a strategic plan; Information on space requirements; Discussion on location selection.
- Skillful Inventory. Brown, Jeff; Barborek, Susan // Bank Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the importance of competency assessments in bank industry. Areas where competency assessments have been used; Why competency assessments are being used as part of strategic planning initiatives; How to succeed with competency assessments.
- Bank performance: The path to sustainable high performance. Kessler, Lance // Bank Marketing;Dec98, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p48
Identifies areas affecting ability of banks to improve their performance. Changes in the banking environment; Development of banking strategy; Creation of infrastructure supporting banking strategy; Execution of strategic plans.
- Prices, Capacity, and the Entry Decision: A Conditional Logit Analysis. Hannan, Timothy H. // Southern Economic Journal;Oct83, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p539
This paper circumvents these problems by examining the relationship between market characteristics and market entry decisions in the context of the banking industry. Usable data on comparable prices charged by firms in this industry are readily available. In addition, firms in this industry, due...
- The Processes of Strategic Planning. Gibbs, W. Blake // Banking;Feb68, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p91
Part II. Examines the nature and scope of the five basic areas involved in strategic planning of banks. Distinct levels where planning should be applied by banks; General planning processes of bank strategic planning.
- Puerto Rican Banks Eye Opportunities on Mainland. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;11/12/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 217, p1
Reports that bank executives of Puerto Rico are eager to expand their bank services in the U.S. Hispanic customers targeted by the banks; Strategies to be adopted by Puerto Rican banks to enter the U.S. market; Overview of the holdings of Puerto Rican banks.
- How regionals tackle international banking. Swartz, Edward R. // ABA Banking Journal;Nov82, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p80
Focuses on the entry of regional banks in international banking (IB) in the U.S. Reasons for engaging in IB; Pitfalls to avoid in IB; Strategies employed by the banks.
- Basel II Reworked to Address Current Crisis. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;4/21/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p18
The article focuses on the plan of Basel committee to enhance their Basel II scheme in Switzerland. Basel II is a scheme that aims to strengthen the banking system resiliency of the country. The committee will increase the scheme to support the conduits and credit exposures of ABCP and to build...