New Vision For Nonprofits
- VisionSpring Celebrates its One Millionth 'Customer'. // Vision Monday;6/18/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p44
Photographs of several participants at the intimate gathering of donors and optical industry leaders hosted by VisionSpring in Manhattan, New York City including Jordan Kassalow, Jay Graber, and Michael Jarmon.
- VISIONSPRING SHARES ITS ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT PLAN AT CLINTON GLOBAL INITIATIVE. // Vision Monday;11/16/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p028
The article reports on the discussion of the economic empowerment plan of VisionSpring at the 2009 Clinton Global Initiative (CGI). The partnership with BRAC that allowed VisionSpring to complete a three-year commitment one year prior to schedule of offering glasses to some of the neediest...
- Rescue Mission. Kurlantzick, Joshua // Entrepreneur;Aug2005, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p15
Focuses on the role and social responsibilities of American entrepreneurs in helping solve social ills of poor countries. Collaboration of entrepreneurs Jordan Kassalow and Scott Berrie to form a nonprofit organization, Scojo Foundation which helps bring eye care to poor countries; Efforts of...
- The vision thing. Daley, Jason // Entrepreneur;Mar2010, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p46
The article features Jordan Kassalow and his innovative business idea. It states that he established the Scojo Foundation and the Scojo New York reading glass company in 2001. It cites that he used the 5 percent profits in the company to finance the foundation and distribute reading glasses...
- VisionSpring Opens Doors to Vision Care and Economic Opportunity. // Vision Monday;4/19/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p024
The article offers information on VisionSpring, a non-profit organization which aims to alleviate poverty by selling eyeglasses.
- A&A OPTICAL UNITES FOR SIGHT. Zabrycki, Patrisha // 20/20;Oct2010, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p29
The article announces the donation of 500 JalapeÃ±o glasses by A & A Optical to non-profit organization Unite For Sight.
- One Part Boutique, One Part Lions Club. Austin, Grace // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p24
The article profiles philanthropic eyeglass companies in the U.S. that offer stylish glasses through Buy a Pair, Give a Pair philosophies. The New York-based Warby Parker is deemed the most famous and works with nonprofits like VisionSpring.com to deliver glasses to those in need. It offers a...
- Eye Protective Sunwear: Why It Should Be ANSI Z87 Safety Certified. Santini, Barry // 20/20;Jun2008, Vol. 35 Issue 7, Special section p18
The article offers information on the requirements set forth in an industrywide agreement named American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z8.1 in the U.S. in 2008. It is stated that about every 10 years, the ANSI, a private nonprofit organization, reviews ANSI standards. In addition, the...
- Eye Care in the Tsunami's Aftermath. McLain, Mark // Review of Optometry;2/15/2006, Vol. 143 Issue 2, p43
The article relates the experience of the author in joining the Lions In Sight, a volunteer organization, to help the victim of the tsunami in Sri Lanka. The organization has organized a traffic flow and set up areas for the optometrist and optical dispensing. They also developed a training for...